Being honest

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Being honest

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:02 am

Something has been bothering me for a few years now. I've misled people on here and I'm sure some of them had their doubts anyway. Talking of renaming the forum and possibly changing my user name here has pushed me towards coming clean. I'm not really a woman. I'm a bi-man who was given the anonymity of the internet allowing a fantasy to live its self out. I planned on coming forward to the forum after the whole renaming bit was over. Ironically everything else about me is true. I had long hair down to my waist, cut it last year. My name is spelled in a way that would traditionally be female in America. I was in the gaming industry in the mid-90's. I own all the gaming items I claim I do, a good chunk of the 3DO ones are CD-Rs but not those you could see in pics. My game room really is that messy room of boxes. I do own all the consoles I claim and several duplicates of some systems.

I needed to come clean even if it doesn't mean anything to anyone but me.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

dark
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Being honest

Post by dark » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:32 am

I just joined the forum 6 months ago, and without seeing anything to suggest the contrary, always assumed you were male. So I'll just be carrying on then, no change of interpretation for me.

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:54 am

Meh , neither here nor there - this is a 3do forum not a dating site - your business is yours! (I always suspected the bi bit) :-)
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:10 pm

What Matty said. And if it makes you feel better to have it out there, then more power to you. :)

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:25 pm

I personally think it's pretty brave just to confess. You have 100% of my support.

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:35 am

hrm. Forums are pretty gender neutral anyways.

oldskool
3DO ZERO USER

Post by oldskool » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:51 am

Right on - way to come clean! When you first joined this place you may not have realized how involved you would be and probably would have started things differently - am I right? I totally respect you either way and I swing both ways myself. Like mentioned before we are here for the games - could care less what people look like or their gender as we all have one common interest.

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:56 am

Same as dark: I really haven't been here long enough to know anything either way tbh.

Still, I think it's a good thing you've come forward and clarified things for those who have known you here for sometime 8)

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:40 pm

was never part of any conditions and no cons. welcome to the forum.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:50 pm

Thanks everyone. Oldskool, pretty much right on.

OfManNotMachine
3DO ZERO USER

Post by OfManNotMachine » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:50 pm

Takes alot to come clean with something like that, especially when you dont even have to.

In anycase...this a fun place to talk 3DO and your one of the many people here whom I consider a great source for 3DO knowledge. What else matters other that? Your always polite and respectfull in my opinion. Thats really all that matters.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Sometimes it feels like a burden has been lifted when you feel like you have misled people and you have kept it to yourself for a long time. I am sure this wont change how much most of us around here respect you. And if someone has a problem with it, karma will bite them in the ass anyways.

PS: Sorry I am late to this. I have not been home much at all lately, for good reasons. :)

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:13 pm

Hmm, it's all good. And seriously, anyone who has an issue with it can go screw themselves, yeah? What you do in your personal life, as long as it isn't hurting anyone, is your business anyway. Reminds me of the Jaguar sites when it came out that James Fenton, the creator of GORF was now a woman. Jamie Fenton is still cool as Hell, yo! She created freakin' GORF and for those people that had a hissy fit about it and decided not to buy the game because of it are just plain out dumb. Hell, ask Neo Geo Ninja about that foolishness. Was just stupid. Us that defended her had a clear conscience and were able to know we at least know what the real world is like. Just glad you feel comfortable enough to let people know. Anyone gives you crap, they can go screw! Just a bunch of Daft Wankers anyway.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:52 pm

The Jag community is just full of nasty people, I don't know why so much anger propagates over there. It's like they hate everything and everyone including themselves. But that has been discussed plenty on here I'm sure.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:05 am

3DO Experience wrote:The Jag community is just full of nasty people, I don't know why so much anger propagates over there. It's like they hate everything and everyone including themselves. But that has been discussed plenty on here I'm sure.
Yeah, it really is sad that the Jaguar community get's nice for a bit and then all it takes is one person to disintegrate it back to something evil. It's one of the reasons it is how it is right now. Not saying it's dead, because as far as Homebrew goes, the community is burning up right now. Just makes me sad that so many of the good people that were a part of the community when it was strong and full of activity left because of all the horrid bickering. In the end, there are still a few of us hanging around, but sadly, many of the good ones are gone for good. Just sad really.

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:53 am

To be honest, I quite like JSII - but I've always kept a distance from any drama. I'm not established nor involved enough to warrant involvement there.

As someone who only joined in '09, I think it's fair to say Freeker, that I missed all the drama anyway. I will say, a fair few members have dropped off since I've been there though. Same applies to most forums though, including here no doubt.

Anyway, good on you Freeker for defending JFenton. It's really nobody's business at the end of the day, except his - and to an extent, his family and friends.

Still pissed at the unannounced limited run of Another World though. That was extreme rug pulling to the max! :(

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:38 pm

NeoGeoNinja wrote:Still pissed at the unannounced limited run of Another World though. That was extreme rug pulling to the max! :(
Yup, then there's that little piece of business too. Real crap for sure! :evil:

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:47 pm

Well it's nice to see it calmed down over there, and at least they've always worked hard at getting homebrew done.

Scarlettkitten
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Scarlettkitten » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:24 am

Gender doesn't matter on her tbh but well done for being honest and telling people :)

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:54 am

3DO Experience wrote:Well it's nice to see it calmed down over there, and at least they've always worked hard at getting homebrew done.
It has it's moments. Kind of like when a family gets together after a long time. Everything is good and then something happens. :lol: