holy friggin crap

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:05 am

Trev wrote:Have we ever had anything like this before? Even close? I sure can't think of anything in 4 1/2 years ... (maybe the Older Games aftermath?)
Well, I have only been here for about a year and a half, and I have never seen anything like this here before. I can probably think of dozens of similar threads on other forums in that same period of time, however. That goes to show that this place is relatively drama-free.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:14 am

Austin wrote:
Trev wrote:Have we ever had anything like this before? Even close? I sure can't think of anything in 4 1/2 years ... (maybe the Older Games aftermath?)
I can probably think of dozens of similar threads on other forums in that same period of time
Dozens ... really?
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Austin

Post by Austin » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:22 am

Trev wrote:Dozens ... really?
Yeah, definitely. It may even be an understatement. Granted, I am signed on at a lot of other forums too, but still.. The Jaguar section of the AtariAge forums can be especially bad (fortunately, it's been relatively calm the last several months, mostly after a specific few were banned). The shmups forums is another peculiar one.. It hosts home to some of the pickiest people on the internet, very few people there can actually agree on anything. Oh.. and the Neo-Geo.com forums, we can't forget them! There's always a flamewar going on there in some fashion or another! :lol:

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:30 am

You had me at Jaguar :lol:

I'm really only on 3 or 4 forums where I'm actually a member (I don't count lurking) and this is the only 1 I'm really active on, so I guess I'm ignorant about what people fight about. I mean, it's just video games right?

I'm really glad we almost never have to deal w/this sorta thing on 3DO Zone. :)
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:48 am

This thread will probably be removed altogether. Homes to Jaguar fans are hot tempered. We even had some problems here when we opened up the Jag section but they never got this heated. phatrat1982 is lucky he didn't get banned and was only asked to leave. If Kid hadn't already dealt with it there would have been a ban. Not just for the language, that I see hasn't been cleaned up yet, since there was a bit of provoking but he also posted a thread on where to download ROMs. If he had only read the officially unofficial 3DO Zone Forum FAQ with any attention he would have noticed 3 & 4. Yes it's to be taken with a grain of salt but number four really should have been a tip off.
NikeX wrote:phatrat's the sheer amount of your topics has a "Lightening quantity"
and quality
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

acem77
3DO ZERO USER

Post by acem77 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:42 pm

Same shit different forum.
drama like this happens on every forum once in a while. This one will be no different.
I don’t get upset it can be entertaining on some slow days.

Not like anyone lost any money or something like that.
Getting truly mad about crusty old systems is not worth it.

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:30 pm

Kinda sorry i missed the Oldergames aftermath. what was that about?

phatrat clearly has some personal issues going on outside of this forum. This is not the first time he's kinda fallen off here for next to nothing.

Thunder
Nibbler

Post by Thunder » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:36 pm

3DO Experience wrote:
NikeX wrote:phatrat's the sheer amount of your topics has a "Lightening quantity"
and quality
My topics are epic.
I break for bannings.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:47 pm

sneth wrote:Kinda sorry i missed the Oldergames aftermath. what was that about?
http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... highlight=

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Re:

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:06 pm

phatrat1982 wrote:JUST TELL ME WHAT I DID!>\ God damn you! Every post you treat me like this no matter what I say you piss all over me well fuck it ban me you worthless fucking piece of shit. There is no getting along with you so fuck you FUCK YOU AND YOUR FUCKING MOTHER WHOSE BASEMENT YOU FUCKING LIVE IN YOU FUCKING RETARDED PS FANBOY PIECE OF SHIT LOSER AND YOUR STUPID ASS WORTHLESS 3DO Console anyways! You want the truth I already GOT freeDO and ISOHUNT, COOLROMS, ROMNATION ROMWORLD< YEAH ROMS ROMS ROMS I WILL NEVER PAY FOR A FUCKING 3DO NOW EVER BECAUSE OF YOU FUCK FACE SO FUCK OFF ENJOYR YOUR FUCKING DEAD FORUM DEDICATED TO YOUR FUCKING DEAD CONSOLE> GOOD FUCKING BYE! YOU ANDYOUR FUCKING CLONES/SHEEP/
3DOKid wrote:Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear.

Firstly, can I recommend the Caps Lock key? You will find that if you wish to post all in upper-case you won't keep confusing the character ">" with a full stop as you do with the ‘shift’ key.

Secondly, why don't I like you? Let me explain.

- Within days of you joining, I had a complaint about you making ROM requests. We have very, very few rules, yet you seem to have the intelligence to use a computer, but not sufficient intelligence to read a single guideline or rule. It was even highlighted to you, but you continued on then with excessive profanity and moaning about Sony. Which is, as you may now have guessed, something that gets my goat. You then personally insult me, and then, carry on posting.

- You also seem to be one of those blithering idiots that confuse Facebook, 4Chan, IGN, Youtube, Twitter and this forum. There is a simple social etiquette, which despite you having the advantage of English being your primary language, fail to comprehend. Which indicates to me you are genuinely stupid. This was actually very apparent from day one. There are people that have contributed more in four posts than you have in, quite frankly, 210 plus stupid posts. And some of the questions have been stupid. You are also one of those dreary socially inept morons, who equate post-count to credibility.

- Finally, you upset the regulars. You have created, through lack of desire to blend in, 'bad blood' between people who have been virtual friends of mine for years.

There are those amongst us who think that I have, perhaps bullied you, mocked you and not made you feel welcome. Partly because I don't suffer fools gladly - perhaps a failing on my part? They believe that new blood, new posts, new questions will liven up an often fairly glacial forum. And perhaps I agree with them, but only to an extent. You see, the Internet may well be inching towards a human right, but these forums, these small communities of liken minded souls with a common interest, paid for and owned by private individuals, well these are privileges. Which is subtly different.

Your total lack of respect for those that would have banned you on day two, and those that would have defended you, and those that pay the bills, astounds me.

You are pig ignorant, selfish and rude. I'm not going to ban you; I want you just to go away of your own accord.

One final thing you semi-illiterate benighted socially and mentally defective toss-pot, the word is ‘because’ not ‘cuz’. There are people here, who you again show no respect for, whose primary language isn’t English, who command a better understanding of it than you do. It sickens me, you are an embarrassment.

Now go away.
I was having a look through some 'archive' material and stumbled upon this.

I'm sorry, but I HAD to bump this solely on the basis of how f*cking EPIC this meltdown was.

And the response was just delicious 8)

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: holy friggin crap

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:09 pm

This guy was tame. Here's a quote from my all time favourite nut job, Preecha!
"...as i am the angel of hell that will eat you alive and take your days away and go to hell am funny rught kills my pussy
thai but you stupit white ass foor ss.preecha hope your angel be kill and cook ans eat the eye and the foot and the liver
and the smaill shit and goodly the best is the haed let it may be your frinds that will die away blow ther homes up and spary antrax up in the air die die die ha ha ha make sure to come see me on ebay i sell 3do imports for a 1.00 lees see ohh
i got a 3do game dbz and ultraman and gundam come and vsit me noew i love you and i went to kiss you and lik you and pick you and eat you yes yes i am funny right whrite UK NIGGRO..."

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:18 pm

Jesus! Words fail me.

Maybe you could have a talented individual look over that and create a piece of artwork based on that lovely excerpt of psychopathic murderous intent?

I'd get a tattoo of that. Especially the "rught kills my pussy thai". The potential is almost limitless.

Thanks for sharing :lol:

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:56 pm

I actually forgot about this thread. It's funny now as I read it. I actually looks like Kid picked a fight but I tell you this guy was something else. If I remember correctly he even PMed me with a list of disc images he wanted me to make for him, this was back when I had my list of games up. Just went through the list and wrote down every one he wanted to play and figured he could pay me for DVD-Rs with ISOs on them. I don't think he dropped it after I told him no, it took a threat of being banned before he stopped messaging an Admin about something we don't condone and started bugging others.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Austin

Post by Austin » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:31 pm

I think this was the same guy that somehow tracked down my email after he was banned and sent me some "threatening" messages. The guy definitely had some screws loose.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:22 pm

Thankfully no one has mentioned 'Lightning' -- we never mention lightning.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:17 pm

3DOKid wrote:This guy was tame. Here's a quote from my all time favourite nut job, Preecha!
"...as i am the angel of hell that will eat you alive and take your days away and go to hell am funny rught kills my pussy
thai but you stupit white ass foor ss.preecha hope your angel be kill and cook ans eat the eye and the foot and the liver
and the smaill shit and goodly the best is the haed let it may be your frinds that will die away blow ther homes up and spary antrax up in the air die die die ha ha ha make sure to come see me on ebay i sell 3do imports for a 1.00 lees see ohh
i got a 3do game dbz and ultraman and gundam come and vsit me noew i love you and i went to kiss you and lik you and pick you and eat you yes yes i am funny right whrite UK NIGGRO..."
:shock: Okay then, I don't actually know which one is worse. The first blow up was just stupid, then this one is, so unreadable you just have to wonder if people even go to school anymore? I guess it might be acceptable if it was being cased by Typos, but no, not this time. Absolute rubbish that equals unreadable gibberish? How threatening is it if you can't decipher it? This whole thread though, was laughable. It almost sounds like one of those really bad Kung Fu movies that has been dubbed in the worst Engrish possible and nobody knows what's really going on after the first three minutes or so. Nice to see that something other than the Jaguar community blows it's top like this every once in a while.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:55 am

3DOKid wrote:Thankfully no one has mentioned 'Lightning' -- we never mention lightning.
Well, unfortunately... you just did.

Please en'light'en... 8)

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:50 am

Ha ha, of all the threads to bump! :P

Btw, the one we never mention was suspected of showing up from time to time under a pseudonym ... I think the forum name change must have confused him, since he hasn't been seen lately.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:00 pm

NeoGeoNinja wrote:
3DOKid wrote:Thankfully no one has mentioned 'Lightning' -- we never mention lightning.
Well, unfortunately... you just did.

Please en'light'en... 8)
We never talk of lightning. It's forbidden.

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:29 pm

3DOKid wrote:We never talk of lightning. It's forbidden.
No problem. Because of my respect of this silent pact understood by the 3DOZone community, I decided to talk less and look more. Nothing could have quite prepared me for what I would unearth...

http://www.3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/view ... f=2&t=2024

Quite literally: amazing. However, I'm sad to have never been exposed to this prior to this day. The sign of a bad noob I expect.

Is there no way this can be issued as a gunpoint stylee Microsoft/Sony/Adobe terms and conditions pop-up upon joining the community?

It's a shame to have to find it one's self :lol:

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:36 am

NeoGeoNinja wrote:Is there no way this can be issued as a gunpoint stylee Microsoft/Sony/Adobe terms and conditions pop-up upon joining the community?
I thought it was. I swear that I remember agreeing to those when I joined.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:49 pm

We tend to imply it. More fun that way...