So I just got a 3DO Mouse...

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

CJZEPP
3DO ZERO USER

So I just got a 3DO Mouse...

Post by CJZEPP » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:50 pm

...other than Myst, what can I use it for?
That feeling where you look at your posts from 2-3 years ago when you first joined and realize how stupid you were.

sneth
Nibbler

Re: So I just got a 3DO Mouse...

Post by sneth » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:11 pm

Not much.
http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... =18&t=3244

but we have discussed this already.

Silanda
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Silanda » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:51 pm

In addition to that list there is Policenauts, which came with a mouse in a boxset.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:27 pm

Yeah, still games in that list that need to be tested and that should be added.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:46 pm

Crap. I keep forgetting about the 3DO mouse. Perhaps it's time I track one down? It just seems to be quite a bit of cash to plop down on a mouse that works for barely any games at all. Seems more like a completist thing to me. Owning it just for the sake of doing so, unless you are a hardcore MYST fan, that is.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:56 am

Surely no one is such a hardcore Myst fan that they have to have the 3DO version of the game?

While I have no interest in getting a 3DO mouse myself, from what I've seen it's hard to find but actually doesn't go for much when it does pop up. The Ebay listings tend to sell for about $25.

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:31 am

I can't play MYST or RIVEN for longer than 15-20 mins before I have to turn it off.

Those sorts of 'games' are not for me. I'd sooner play StarFighter, StreetFighter, Samurai Shodown or StarBlade personally.

Anything that begins with "S" really. Shockwave... Shockwave-OJ... Shockwave II... :lol:

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:08 pm

NeoGeoNinja wrote:I can't play MYST or RIVEN for longer than 15-20 mins before I have to turn it off.

Those sorts of 'games' are not for me. I'd sooner play StarFighter, StreetFighter, Samurai Shodown or StarBlade personally.

Anything that begins with "S" really. Shockwave... Shockwave-OJ... Shockwave II... :lol:
I concur. I can't say that MYST is the worst game ever made, but I don't understand the fanfare the game get's either. Yes, the graphics are gorgeous, but the game itself is just blah. Not to mention the supposed "Strategy" of the game when most of it seems so trial and error in the fact that many Puzzles just don't make logical sense. Bungling around and randomly flipping switches and pushing buttons until you get the right sequence, for the most part, isn't logic, it's trial and error at it's worst.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Retrofanatic83
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Retrofanatic83 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:14 pm

From the very brief time I played it I would agree and say Myst caused a stir mainly because of the graphics and free roaming remember seeing it on bad influence and it did look good. Got it for the saturn years ago and also didn't play it for long.

The mouse is a curiosity. I got one because the idea just appealed and I got impression they were fairly rare but I am looking forward to playing lemmings one day using it and it's good for shanghai triple threat/Great Wall of china which is only game I have so far that uses it.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:29 am

Yeah, I have the Saturn version of Shanghai Triple Threat and play it using the Saturn mouse. It is good fun that way, and given how simple the game is I would assume that it's virtually the same experience on the 3DO.

I still don't get why Snow Job doesn't support the 3DO mouse.