What are your favorite 3DO games?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

What are your favorite 3DO games?

Post by Gunstar » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:40 am

I'm sure a topic like this has come and gone many times over the years, but I was just thinking about it while deciding what 3DO game I wanted to play tonight, and I think there are a lot of new people around here now, with the addition of the Jag forums and what not, so I'm asking...and telling. If you want to say why a game is one of your favorites, cool, but a simple list is fine too. I'd like to keep it to 10 or less games I guess, in order of most favorites.

Mine are:

The Need for Speed
Star Fighter
Space Hulk
Wing Commander III
Po'ed
Road Rash
Off-World Interceptor
Shock Wave
Shock Wave 2
Deathkeep
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

Retrofanatic83
3DO ZERO USER

Re: What are your favorite 3DO games?

Post by Retrofanatic83 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:11 pm

So far I liked Gex most also enjoying dr hauzer but I'm stuck and determined not to seek help/cheat :P
Street fighter and road rash have also been enjoyable.

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:00 am

Hmmm. A top 10 3DO titles huh? Not sure I've even attempted to compile on of these before! Here goes...

Crash N Burn
Killing Time
Need for Speed
Pa'Taank
Road Rash
Samurai Shodown
Star Fighter
Starblade
Super Street Fighter II X
Trip'D

-

Honourable mentions that didn't quite make it...

Another World
Burning Soldier
Captain Quazar
Flashback
Phoenix 3
Shockwave
Total Eclipse
Wolf3D

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:07 am

Here we are. Note that these are not necessarily those games which I think are best, but rather those which have a place in my heart and which I'd always like to pop in again:

Slayer - Randomized dungeons + customizable characters + good old first person dungeon crawling fun = endless replayability.

Night Trap - There are lot of interesting FMV-based games, but few that are genuinely fun. This one is raucously fun.

Hell: A Cyberpunk Thriller - Fluid gameplay, story's not so great but the milieu is certainly distinctive.

Wolfenstein 3D - An intense, classic first person shooter with the benefit of a magnificent soundtrack.

Iron Angel of the Apocalypse - Very unique atmosphere, and I enjoy the high variety of challenges.

Alone in the Dark - Revolutionary game that's aged quite well.

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:46 am

I've tried to do this a couple times, but it has been a long time since I've sat down and hammered at a 3DO game.

Fifa
Crash and Burn
Hell
Shockwave II
Gex
Road Rash
Need for Speed
...to be continued.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:03 am

its been awhile since this topic came up
so here it goes in no particular order, and these games would be the only reason for me to hook up my 3DO again

-Captain Quazar
-Corpse Killer - beat this game with a controller not the gun (same with Space Pirates)
-Wing Commander III - i like the actors lol
-Road Rash
-Daedalus Encounter - might have to play this again its been atleast 10 years since the last time
-Dragon Lore - nice relaxing game with 3CDs
-Gex
-The Horde
-Need for Speed

and ive still yet to play atleast 80 games of my 179 games but alot of those are games found on other systems like Dragons lair, DOOM, and Golf Games etc.., also ive played about 10 import games and havent found 1 fun one yet, ive had more fun playing the demo discs :)
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:32 pm

Lemmi wrote: also ive played about 10 import games and havent found 1 fun one yet, ive had more fun playing the demo discs :)
I'm right there with you man, I've also played about 10 of the Japanese imports (the ones not released in the US; Iron Angel was released here and is decent) and haven't found a single one I'd want to play again. I'd rather go spend my time in the dentist chair! I ask forgiveness of any Japanese members here (Fujisan), but really, the Japanese have a strange idea of fun video games... :shock: ...at least when it came to the 3DO...there are many good Japanese games on other systems.
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:11 pm

You guys are missing on some great import games - don't give up, they're out there!
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

FUJISAN
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FUJISAN » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:35 am

Gunstar wrote:
Lemmi wrote: also ive played about 10 import games and havent found 1 fun one yet, ive had more fun playing the demo discs :)
I'm right there with you man, I've also played about 10 of the Japanese imports (the ones not released in the US; Iron Angel was released here and is decent) and haven't found a single one I'd want to play again. I'd rather go spend my time in the dentist chair! I ask forgiveness of any Japanese members here (Fujisan), but really, the Japanese have a strange idea of fun video games... :shock: ...at least when it came to the 3DO...there are many good Japanese games on other systems.

I will be happy if I can be of any help.
However, I need to study English more..... :|

MY Favorite 3DO GAME :D
( I played recently )
◎コープスキラー
◎閉ざされた館
◎ナイトトラップ
◎カランティーン
◎ウェイ・オブ・ザ・ウォリアー
◎西村京太郎トラベルミステリー 『悪逆の季節』 東京~南紀白浜連続殺人事件
◎ポリスノーツ
Because I make a note using translation software, I think that it becomes a poor English sentence.
I'm sorry.

If there is rude expression, please point it out.
Thanking you in advance.

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:00 am

Trev wrote:You guys are missing on some great import games - don't give up, they're out there!
Do we have a list kicking around... stickied or similar?

*searches*

Well, I had a look round and found this list: http://www.3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/view ... 3&start=30

I have to be honest when I say, there doesn't appear to many JP exclusives worth being overly interested in :|

Personally, I have ABTokio, Belzerion & Pyramid on my list, but that's it. 3 games...

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Post by goldenband » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:44 am

In case anyone else is curious about FUJISAN's list of games, here's an English rendering:

Corpse Killer
Killing Time
Night Trap
Quarantine
Way of the Warrior
Nishimura Kyotarou Trouble Mystery: Akugyaku no Kisetsu [aka Prime Suspect?]
Policenauts

Fun list of games! FUJISAN, can you tell us more about 西村京太郎トラベルミステリー 『悪逆の季節』 東京~南紀白浜連続殺人事件? 3DOKid wrote about it here but the language barrier made it hard for him to understand.

FUJISAN
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FUJISAN » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:09 am

Fun list of games! FUJISAN, can you tell us more about 西村京太郎トラベルミステリー 『悪逆の季節』 東京~南紀白浜連続殺人事件?

I do my best!
I study translation so that they can be explained well.
Please wait a little. :)
Because I make a note using translation software, I think that it becomes a poor English sentence.
I'm sorry.

If there is rude expression, please point it out.
Thanking you in advance.

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Post by goldenband » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:31 am

FUJISAN wrote:I do my best!
I study translation so that they can be explained well.
Please wait a little. :)
Excellent! I look forward to it. :)