If EA came out with their own console...

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

ILUV3DO
3DO ZERO USER

If EA came out with their own console...

Post by ILUV3DO » Mon May 12, 2014 8:39 pm

If EA ever entered the console race, what do you think are the odds of them calling their system the 3DO M2 or MKII? I say next to 0, but still cool to dream, and that would be about the only way they could ever compel me to buy one. Lol
"Logic is the ultimate weapon!"

-Prowl (Autobot, Military Strategist)

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Re: If EA came out with their own console...

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue May 13, 2014 5:55 am

Just, NO! Electronic Arts is nowhere near the company it was when they were releasing 3DO games. They were inventive and fun. These days they are just an overly huge conglomerate of a company that sucks the life out of gaming every game they release or recycle year after year. EA should NEVER release a console of it's own. Plus it won't happen because then they lose the exclusivity of the NFL for Madden and all the money from that one game releasing it across so many platforms.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu May 29, 2014 10:04 pm

I did ask Trip Hawkins if I gave him $2,000,000,000 would he make another console? (3DO Mk2) he said no.

He said he would do some online stuff, like VM (Virtual machine) console. Very dull.

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Post by knightintosh » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:40 pm

It's interesting reading back over the 3DO Magazines how much they raved about Electronic Arts. In this day and age they're known for next to no originality and recycling games year after year, but back then it was completely different! They were at the forefront of new gaming ideas. How times change.