HELL and FAMILY FEUD

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

HELL and FAMILY FEUD

Post by a31chris » Tue May 06, 2014 2:17 am

Did these ever come out for the 3DO?
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Re: HELL and FAMILY FEUD

Post by Austin » Tue May 06, 2014 2:42 am

HELL did. 3DOexperience could tell you all about that.

Family Feud, I believe so.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Tue May 06, 2014 3:12 am

OK I want Hell then. Seen them advertised in the Quarantine Manual.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

pmerrill
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pmerrill » Tue May 06, 2014 9:09 am

Because of this thread I just bought Family Feud on ebay (we are allowed to say that now right?) for 6.79

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Tue May 06, 2014 2:13 pm

a31chris wrote:Did these ever come out for the 3DO?
Yeah, both did Chris.

Martiniii is also quite into Hell I think re: his avatar! :mrgreen:

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed May 07, 2014 8:19 pm

NeoGeoNinja wrote:
a31chris wrote:Did these ever come out for the 3DO?
Yeah, both did Chris.

Martiniii is also quite into Hell I think re: his avatar! :mrgreen:
\Me Too! Hell was amazing. The game is VERY deep. I still recommend having the booklet for it though. Some people disagree that it's not needed, but it does make the game easier.

As for Family Feud, it did release, and would be amazing if not for some bugs and stupid things like the fact that if you misspell your answer, it will come up as wrong and a few times while playing, I answered the question perfectly right and it still came up wrong with the other family getting it right with their turnover guess. Really sad actually. From a technical standpoint, for it's time, it was pretty good, but not the best version of the game by any means because of those two things. It can be extremely frustrating. Hell Chris, if you want, I would gladly give you my complete copy of the game because I refuse to play it anymore as it just pisses me off. I'd rather do that than have you spend money on it and see what it really is. Who knows, you may be a dictionary and never misspell anything. ;)
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed May 14, 2014 1:56 am

Chris, if you still need HELL I can hook you up with one in longbox. Just gimme a PM.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed May 14, 2014 2:24 am

3DO Experience wrote:Chris, if you still need HELL I can hook you up with one in longbox. Just gimme a PM.
Jump all over this now Chris. Trust me, the game is so worth it.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Wed May 14, 2014 5:57 am

3DO Experience wrote:Chris, if you still need HELL I can hook you up with one in longbox. Just gimme a PM.
OK can't right away though. Will be a week or so.

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Wed May 14, 2014 10:17 pm

I got way into Hell when it was out on 3DO. It is very hard without a walkthrough. It's also quite long.

Unplayable without the fast walk cheat.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue May 20, 2014 3:48 am

You can get through it without help, it is a very thinking man's game. I spent three hours on the first puzzle with the answer literally right in front of me. The only real problem I had was a musical one because I could not read the musical notes that were the answer to a puzzle (given somewhere else in the game). However it turns out you didn't need them if you read into the clue given to you in that room.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue May 20, 2014 3:55 am

3DO Experience wrote:You can get through it without help, it is a very thinking man's game. I spent three hours on the first puzzle with the answer literally right in front of me. The only real problem I had was a musical one because I could not read the musical notes that were the answer to a puzzle (given somewhere else in the game). However it turns out you didn't need them if you read into the clue given to you in that room.
GRRR, I usually hate musical puzzles in these games too. Very annoying, especially if it turns out you didn't even need to solve it. :evil:

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed May 21, 2014 3:40 am

There is only one.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Thu May 29, 2014 11:46 pm

NeoGeoNinja wrote:Martiniii is also quite into Hell I think re: his avatar! :mrgreen:
A belated response, but yep, Hell is one of my personal favorite 3DO games. It's one of the few games I've found which stands up as both a uniquely 3DO experience and a genuinely fun time. It has its share of hiccups, but it's a great brain teaser and the milieu is delightfully weird.
3DO Experience wrote:You can get through it without help, it is a very thinking man's game.
While I would largely agree with that, to get through the entire game without consulting a guide or walkthrough you'd have to be very lucky due to the errors in some of the puzzles. The one that I always remember is that when the demon Abonides shouts out a code, the voice track gives the code correct, but both the subtitles and the replay text are wrong. Unless you're in the habit of noting down clues as you hear them, that's going to throw you off.

What really amazes me is that most of these errors are in both the 3DO and PC versions; you'd think someone would have fixed them when they were making the 3DO version. After all, they did cut the infamous sequence where you have to navigate between the laser beams.