Whatever happened to ... ?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Whatever happened to ... ?

Post by Trev » Sat May 03, 2008 12:12 am

... Isis & Golden Gate? Two games that were heavily promoted ... two games that were complete ... two games that did get release on the pc & mac ...

Has anyone ever played either of these games? What are 3DO owners missing?

P.S. Just for a laugh ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis_(disambiguation)

Guess I'm not that bright ... unless it is some lost import title.

Hmmm ... looks like that is not the link. But this is a quote form wikipedia

Isis (game), A computer game (Windows/Mac hybrid CD-Rom) and 3DO (It was released for 3D0 dumbasses).

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat May 03, 2008 6:58 am

I got word that OlderGames was on the case. Maybe good deal games could be approached?

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun May 04, 2008 1:52 am

I got word that OlderGames was on the case. Maybe good deal games could be approached?
Really? Wow, that would be awesome! :D Could I ask what exactly you heard? Was it from Oldergames direct, or a 3rd party source?

I've bought from Good deal games before, but I am not registered on their forum. Guess I will try and fish around for info ...

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun May 04, 2008 9:39 am

Trev wrote:
Really? Wow, that would be awesome! :D Could I ask what exactly you heard? Was it from Oldergames direct, or a 3rd party source?

I've bought from Good deal games before, but I am not registered on their forum. Guess I will try and fish around for info ...
Don't bother with the GDG Forums for 3DO information. Your best bet is to actually contact the guys at GDG directly through e-mail. They actually answer them!

service@gooddealgames.com
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Whatever happened to ... ?

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri May 16, 2014 7:47 pm

You know what? I am reviving this thread after all of these years. I have to. I'm not too sure about Isis, as I am fuzzy to recall what that was specifically, but I do remember always wanting to play Golden Gate. Either way, especially if these games are indeed complete, it would be nice to have them released, or even the disc images at this point. No, not asking for ROMS. just suggesting that it would be nice to be able to play some unreleased awesomeness that we never got to see. The Jaguar community get's these beta's and such all the time, so I don't see why the 3DO community shouldn't be able to get some love here too. It was nice to be able to see that Soccer Game and Powerslide for the 3DO see the light of day and also Ice Breaker II, which I still think is awesome as All Hell and so appreciate Andy Looney for releasing it. Still, knowing that Golden Gate is out there, as a matter of fact, I seem to remember one of the users here even saying that they have a copy of the beta, but never being able to play it is very sad indeed.

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Post by goldenband » Sat May 17, 2014 12:12 am

I have a copy of the Mac version of Isis, and have been planning to fire it up and maybe review it later this year (similar to what I did with Kingdom II: Shadoan). I doubt it was any huge loss to the 3DO, but it'd still be nice to have it for the system. IIRC, it's a puzzle-adventure game built around the music of Earth, Wind & Fire.

I wonder how hard it'd be to port the existing assets over to the 3DO? There'd probably be some loss of FMV quality, though, unless the same compression schemes are supported on both platforms...

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sat May 17, 2014 2:32 am

goldenband wrote:I have a copy of the Mac version of Isis, and have been planning to fire it up and maybe review it later this year (similar to what I did with Kingdom II: Shadoan). I doubt it was any huge loss to the 3DO, but it'd still be nice to have it for the system. IIRC, it's a puzzle-adventure game built around the music of Earth, Wind & Fire.

I wonder how hard it'd be to port the existing assets over to the 3DO? There'd probably be some loss of FMV quality, though, unless the same compression schemes are supported on both platforms...
From what I understand, Isis is actually a finished product for the 3DO version. I may have been misreading this, but from what was said earlier by Trev, it's a finished game. If that's the case, and the finished product is already there and ready, all that probably needs to be done is to encrypt the disc image and release it. I'd like to play anything for the 3DO period, especially if finished but not originally released.