How are you supposed to beat offworld interceptor?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

xenphor
3DO ZERO USER

How are you supposed to beat offworld interceptor?

Post by xenphor » Sun May 11, 2014 7:12 pm

I can get to the level 2 final boss but for some reason I am no longer allowed to use my lasers and missles. Wtf??? I use the second truck and seems to work fine in the normal levels.

I also tried playing arcade mode but found it nearly impossible to beat any of the later levels.
Last edited by xenphor on Sun May 11, 2014 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Re: How are you supposed to beat offworld intercepter?

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Sun May 11, 2014 7:41 pm

"How are you supposed to beat offworld interceptor?"

-

Answer:

xenphor
3DO ZERO USER

Re: How are you supposed to beat offworld intercepter?

Post by xenphor » Sun May 11, 2014 7:53 pm

huh?

edit: well I guess the freeze weapon helped kill a couple bosses. Now I'm stuck on the flying boss, trying to use the flame thrower truck.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Re: How are you supposed to beat offworld interceptor?

Post by Austin » Wed May 14, 2014 7:14 pm

Here's another image to hopefully reinforce NeoGeoNinja's message:

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Wed May 14, 2014 7:59 pm

Austin wrote:Here's another image to hopefully reinforce NeoGeoNinja's message...
Thanks Austin.

Also, if either of our aformentioned advice doesn't assist in 'beating' OWI, why not try beating it with...

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed May 14, 2014 8:51 pm

Wow. Such hared for a 3DO Classic. :P Truth be told though, I never beat it anyway. I thought it was an interesting game, but I don't really remember a time when it really grabbed me. Perhaps I should give it another whirl after so much time has passed.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Austin

Post by Austin » Wed May 14, 2014 10:06 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:Wow. Such hared for a 3DO Classic. :P Truth be told though, I never beat it anyway. I thought it was an interesting game, but I don't really remember a time when it really grabbed me. Perhaps I should give it another whirl after so much time has passed.
I don't think the game is that bad, per-se. I just think there's little reason to play the 3DO version when you can play the PS1 or Saturn versions. One of the few cases where the ports on competing platforms were better (much smoother framerates and easier to play as a result).

Austin

Post by Austin » Wed May 14, 2014 10:12 pm

Of course, if the OP doesn't want to go that option, there is always the microwave:

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Wed May 14, 2014 10:15 pm

It's one of my favorite games on the 3DO..... wtf people.

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Wed May 14, 2014 11:26 pm

Austin wrote:Of course, if the OP doesn't want to go that option, there is always the microwave...
Indeed. Always.

Not forgetting, the classic and safest way of 'beating' Off World Interceptor...

-

The lousier the shot you are, the BETTER chance you have of 'beating' the game...

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun May 18, 2014 5:51 am

Fine! Now I have to pull this game out of somewhere and play it just to see how bad it really is. I don't seem to remember it being quite as bad as you all are making it out to be though. :wink:

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Thu May 22, 2014 11:21 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:Fine! Now I have to pull this game out of somewhere and play it just to see how bad it really is. I don't seem to remember it being quite as bad as you all are making it out to be though. :wink:
It's one of my favorite 3DO games. It isn't bad, it's actually quite good, IMHO, and the frame-rate may be slower than the PSX & Saturn versions, but since I never played those versions, I think the 3DO versions frame-rate is acceptable. I've never personally had any problem following the action at whatever frame-rate the 3DO is version running at. I will say that I have never finished the game either, it is a very difficult game, but I never chalked that up to bad controls or frame-rate or anything like that, I can control it fine and the frame rate works for me. It's just a damn hard game after the first few levels. Maybe I just need some cheat codes....

But it gets a lot of play time in my 3DO and is one of the top ten or so games in my collection for amount of time played and how often it gets played.
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon May 26, 2014 5:59 pm

Gunstar wrote:
T2KFreeker wrote:Fine! Now I have to pull this game out of somewhere and play it just to see how bad it really is. I don't seem to remember it being quite as bad as you all are making it out to be though. :wink:
It's one of my favorite 3DO games. It isn't bad, it's actually quite good, IMHO, and the frame-rate may be slower than the PSX & Saturn versions, but since I never played those versions, I think the 3DO versions frame-rate is acceptable. I've never personally had any problem following the action at whatever frame-rate the 3DO is version running at. I will say that I have never finished the game either, it is a very difficult game, but I never chalked that up to bad controls or frame-rate or anything like that, I can control it fine and the frame rate works for me. It's just a damn hard game after the first few levels. Maybe I just need some cheat codes....

But it gets a lot of play time in my 3DO and is one of the top ten or so games in my collection for amount of time played and how often it gets played.
Yeah. I generally like the Crystal Dynamics games for the 3DO. That company is generally a high spot for the system, as far as I am concerned. I just never really got into this game is all. I'm thinking that it probably is time to give it a serious shot though.