OLDERGAMES.COM ANNOUNCES FOUR NEW 3DO GAMES FOR CGE2K7!!!

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

OlderGames
3DO ZERO USER

Post by OlderGames » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:36 am

3DOKid wrote:It's not long to wait now is it?
PM me with your info. I'll see about getting it shipped before
we leave on Wednesday.

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:44 pm

This is also mentioned in the 3DO reviews section, but figured you guys might want it here as well.

3DO Games Decathlon Demo video

I cut out the tour of the OPTIONS and had to do several edits for time. The long distance run would have been a video unto itself otherwise.

Drax
CEO of The (in search of a home) CD-i & 3DO Collectives

Just slightly behind at being ahead of our time!

Dengar13
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dengar13 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:11 pm

Gir Draxa wrote:This is also mentioned in the 3DO reviews section, but figured you guys might want it here as well.

3DO Games Decathlon Demo video

I cut out the tour of the OPTIONS and had to do several edits for time. The long distance run would have been a video unto itself otherwise.

Drax
WOW! This is a great video, thanks man!!! :shock:

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:16 am

Now posted in the reviews section of this website is my review for POWERSLIDE, along with a link on it to a demo video I put together. Here's a shortcut to the review.

Hope you folks enjoy. Working on finishing up a vid for ONSIDE next.

Drax

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:53 am

Gir Draxa wrote:Now posted in the reviews section of this website is my review for POWERSLIDE, along with a link on it to a demo video I put together. Here's a shortcut to the review.

Hope you folks enjoy. Working on finishing up a vid for ONSIDE next.

Drax
Nice man, where is the video damnit! :lol:

Kid, you get that stuff from the older games guys yet? I want a report! :twisted:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:56 pm

That little microwave company box never ceases to amaze me. That game looks great.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:30 pm

i got mine today #3 of 50 :)
thanks oldergames

is there any info on a manual for the new releases?

Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Dengar13
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dengar13 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:34 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I hope I will get mine tomorrow since you got yours today and you are in Michigan!

Oh man!!!! :shock:

Dengar13
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dengar13 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:42 pm

I wonder how he based on who got which number out of 50. I wonder if it was random or how it was purchased in order. Numero Uno would kick ass!

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:50 pm

no clue, but watch out for the naming your guy bug that crashes the game :)

4 times after naming my guy lemmi the thing stopped
man i suck at shot put 1.46 isnt good and i havent got it between the lines yet

i really need some kind of manual. gir draxa any hints to these events?

Dengar13
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dengar13 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:03 pm

Does it come shrink wrapped?

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:04 pm

nope :)

Dengar13
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dengar13 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:05 pm

Good! I won't be torn between opening it and not opening it. Dammit! I want mine!

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:16 pm

I just got home and I got mine! Decathlon 11/50, Powerslide and Footie (Powerslide bonus disc)

I have an anime meeting to go to but I'll be playing these when I get back, and a little before.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH OLDERGAMES!

oh and since they came in double DVD covers why not just put the bonus disc in the second slot?
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:23 pm

Ok this is weird I just popped in Decathlon & Powerslide and the Game Guru screen came up twice before the game loaded. Turned off system and it did it again, what's up with that? Did you have to steal some code to make it run? :D

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:43 pm

I KNEW I WOULD GET MINE LAST - KNEW IT. :evil: [/b]

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:09 pm

OK screw it, I'm not going to anime I'm bringing these games over to a friend's house and we're gonna play 'em! This so Frickin' ROCKS!!!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:14 pm

3DO Experience wrote:OK screw it, I'm not going to anime I'm bringing these games over to a friend's house and we're gonna play 'em! This so Frickin' ROCKS!!!
You get off on pouring salt into open wounds? Yes? I'm crying here. Actual tears. pitiful.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:11 am

3DOKid wrote:
3DO Experience wrote:OK screw it, I'm not going to anime I'm bringing these games over to a friend's house and we're gonna play 'em! This so Frickin' ROCKS!!!
You get off on pouring salt into open wounds? Yes? I'm crying here. Actual tears. pitiful.
sadly it has alot farther to go to get to you then most of us in the states

Dengar13
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dengar13 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:16 am

3DOKid wrote:
Hey! Your currency rate is better than ours and you will get this a few days after us! I would trade places in a heartbeat!!! :P

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:47 am

Ok I've played all of them, jumping on to tell you in Deca you can change yur name. It only seems to lock up during the USA music so change your nationality then edit your name and then go back and change back to the USA... if that's what you want.

Dengar13
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dengar13 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:10 am

3DO Experience wrote:Ok I've played all of them, jumping on to tell you in Deca you can change yur name. It only seems to lock up during the USA music so change your nationality then edit your name and then go back and change back to the USA... if that's what you want.
How is Footie, and the others? Don't leave us hanging like that!!!!

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:21 am

Aw, darn... Mine didn't come today. I'm expecting Icebreaker II.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:24 am

Damn! I so need to get my orders in for Powerslide and Ice Breakers II. So, how are they guys? I know someone played it as some of you got the games, let's go, details?

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:35 am

Dengar13 wrote:
3DO Experience wrote:Ok I've played all of them, jumping on to tell you in Deca you can change yur name. It only seems to lock up during the USA music so change your nationality then edit your name and then go back and change back to the USA... if that's what you want.
How is Footie, and the others? Don't leave us hanging like that!!!!
Ok Footie is kinda fun, it's VERY incomplete but than again so is Powerslide. Footie, is a football game (the world's football not American football) BTW, you basically don't need to do much, just run around and kick. Charaters auto change to the closest person to the on your team, has two player support but sometimes when player one and two are next to each other fighting for the ball one of you can't be seen. No in game music, there are TONS of teams, I tried to choose Italy at one point but it wouldn't let me, can't remember if it was only because of the way I had it set up, I'd go check to see 'cause there are four countries but I've already unhooked it all. I'm still at a friend's house. You get to choose where in the stadium you view the game from, you don't really need to do much playing as the game takes care of a lot of things for you. Geeze you would think I like sports games by the way I'm typing... a cool feature is being able to have the computer play itself.

ok gotta make the rest fast, Deca is rather buggy, some events are so buggy that it's really hard to make them work. It does have full music and effects, even real shadows! It needs a MANUAL, there are on screen directions but they only tell you half of what you need to know. The menus are still cool, well worth the buy. AND it supports up to 8 players at a time!

Powerslide is really unfinished, no sound at all. I suggest playing some music while playing the game. Yes it's true, there are 2 players but only one of you can really play, you can see other racer profiles but there is only one car. But the game is still really fun! If you can get the speed up and then drive up something and flip your car you get a replay and then the game reboots and when you start again it's a new track. Actually all you need to do is press the P button and the game will restart with a new demo screen and a new level. My fav is one of the snow ones with lots of trees and rock on the sides, maybe that's because I smashed up my Berlinetta Camaro when it was snowing... I miss that car. Anyway it's a fun game and my fav of those three. Next to buy is the other two and you can bet that Ice Breakers 2 will be the first one I play.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:50 am

Yeah, info is a good thing. I love reading reviews of this stuff. I can't wait to play some of these. Thanx' man, appreciate it alot.

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:59 am

Lemmi wrote: gir draxa any hints to these events?
Hmm, which events trouble you most?

Some are so simple. Discus & Shotput require your character to have good strength before ANYTHING really goes well. Plus, it helps to play with a joystick if you have one. The standard D-Pad sucks.

Javelin is best done by rapidly alternating tapping the A & B Buttons. Then press Up on the D-pad to aim, then again to launch it.

The Dash events are best done rapidly tapping A & B or A & C. Hurdles are almost murder to do as the timing has to be just ring time with pressing and holding Up on the D-pad then letting go and pressing and holding again until you've cleared the hurdle each time.

High Jump is just tap A & B to build speed then press UP to jump at the right time. the longer you hold up, the stronger your arc, so to jump high, just tap it.

Pole Vault is quite simpler than it seems once you get the hang of it. Tap A & B slowly building faster to run, then when he starts to lower his pole himself, push down on the D-Pad, as soon as the pole digs in, press up on the dpad, then A, B or C to let go. Timing is the key to higher vaults.

Train your character A LOT to get best results. Also, I'm going to write some Game Guru codes for those who want them so they can just have a peak performace athlete. :)

Drax

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:13 am

what events? ALL of them :D
thanks Gir, thats whats needed, just some simple instructions to point me in the right direction, thats what i thought the piece of paper was with the game but it wasnt
all the hints and tips will help

i knew the hurdles would be a pain in the butt, most games with hurdles are :D

jumping on to tell you in Deca you can change yur name. It only seems to lock up during the USA music so change your nationality then edit your name and then go back and change back to the USA... if that's what you want.
thanks i wasnt sure what was going on there, i just kept the guy as is and tried to add my name and poof froze up, i figured the guy that first popped up wouldnt be so buggy but i was wrong :)

now if we can get someone to fix these up they would rule, other wise im disapointed in the constant freezing and restarting (the system you play them on doesnt make a difference does it?), Decathalon looks great tho

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:39 pm

Draxa, thanks for the info!
jumping on to tell you in Deca you can change yur name. It only seems to lock up during the USA music so change your nationality then edit your name and then go back and change back to the USA... if that's what you want.
thanks i wasnt sure what was going on there, i just kept the guy as is and tried to add my name and poof froze up, i figured the guy that first popped up wouldnt be so buggy but i was wrong :)

now if we can get someone to fix these up they would rule, other wise im disapointed in the constant freezing and restarting (the system you play them on doesnt make a difference does it?), Decathalon looks great tho[/quote]

yeah the game freezing a lot is a pain but I found it generally only locks up when you press a button a bunch of times after you've done something. Oh I forgot to mention that you can ZOOM in and out in DECATHON. When you have the normal screen telling you to press such and such press up or down to zoom in and out!

I also found out you don't always get a replay in Powerslide when you flip your car. Sometimes it just reboots.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:25 pm

Here are some pics of Footie for those who won't have it. I would have made more but FreeDo can't render as much as the real thing. BTW the screen is cut off quite a bit from the overscan on TVs. You PAL guys might not have that prob on the top and bottom.

Last edited by 3DO Experience on Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.