J.U.G.S. Device

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

Saturn
3DO ZERO USER

J.U.G.S. Device

Post by Saturn » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:21 am

I've been searching for the pinout of this and so far have come up with nothing. If anyone knows or even has a picture of the device itself, I'd be grateful.
I'm trying to upload files the old-school way but without the adapter, I'm stuck.

Thanks! 8)

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Re: J.U.G.S. Device

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:44 am

Saturn wrote:I've been searching for the pinout of this and so far have come up with nothing. If anyone knows or even has a picture of the device itself, I'd be grateful.
I'm trying to upload files the old-school way but without the adapter, I'm stuck.

Thanks! 8)
Wow man, I haven't heard that one in a VERY long time. Chris might have it as he saved a ton of stuff from JSII. Here's hoping, brother!
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

I don't have any of that.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

Saturn
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Saturn » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:22 pm

No big deal lol. There's always the Skunkboard in an 'absolutely need to test a file' scenario. Wanted to use the software from way back tho as it was intended and add some new demos with custom batch files.
Still can't believe I was irresponsible enough to misplace the adapter. I'm pretty anal about keeping everything Jaguar related together and documented. This piece however, has slipped through the cracks.

Nothing like obsessing over finding something so small-that could be anywhere. I have several db9 to rj11 adapters that aren't pinned yet. Not enough to try every combination of wiring but a few. I've emailed Thunderbird.. again and no response as of yet. Thanks for the help! :)

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:58 am

Saturn wrote:No big deal lol. There's always the Skunkboard in an 'absolutely need to test a file' scenario. Wanted to use the software from way back tho as it was intended and add some new demos with custom batch files.
Still can't believe I was irresponsible enough to misplace the adapter. I'm pretty anal about keeping everything Jaguar related together and documented. This piece however, has slipped through the cracks.

Nothing like obsessing over finding something so small-that could be anywhere. I have several db9 to rj11 adapters that aren't pinned yet. Not enough to try every combination of wiring but a few. I've emailed Thunderbird.. again and no response as of yet. Thanks for the help! :)
I doubt that you will get in touch with Thunder Bird. I think he may just be done at this point, period.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Saturn
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Saturn » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:51 pm

I hear you 100%! I wouldn't blame him one bit, either.
Was hoping he'd still communicate w/ the non-troublemaker types tho. Maybe offer some kind of long term support for the products. Guess that's not on the plate since the web pages haven't been updated and no newer versions of jugs.exe, etc.
Seems like the Jaguar's been abandoned altogether. Too bad but completely understandable. Not a lucrative time investment, especially when your product meets that kinds of quality.
Sure miss the old days lol. 8)

Saturn
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Saturn » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:00 am

Ok, I found my JUGS Device and the pinout is:
(3) (2) (5) ( ) (4)
..( )..( )..( )..( )

(3)=Red
(2)=Black
(5)=Yellow
(4)=Green

That's specific to the numbering for the ones I bought here.
Just tested the one I made and loaded up Arkanna. 8)