Comprehensive list of 3DO titles?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

jasonbar
3DO ZERO USER

Comprehensive list of 3DO titles?

Post by jasonbar » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:54 pm

Howdy-

I'm looking for a list of all 3DO titles. The Wikipedia page ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_3D ... ayer_games ) seems to list just games, not the various samplers & magazine discs & such.

Thanks,
-Jason

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Comprehensive list of 3DO titles?

Post by Martin III » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:21 pm

Well, there's Nixzero's old list. I haven't taken a look at it myself so I couldn't say for sure how comprehensive it is, though.

jasonbar
3DO ZERO USER

Post by jasonbar » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:45 pm

Thanks! Between the Wikipedia page, the page that you just gave me, & the 3DO Release Dates thread ( http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3400 ), I think that's more than thorough enough for me. :]

Thanks,
-Jason

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Post by goldenband » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:05 am

That version of nixzero's list looks to be improved over the one I have on my hard drive (which I've been editing over time for my own reference), but there are definitely still errors. For instance:
  • Dragon Knight III aka Knights of Xentar doesn't exist on the 3DO
  • Kurokishi no Kamen should be the same entry as Ghost Hunter
  • Fire Ball !! = Real Pinball
  • IIRC, Book of Life and Death - The Competition = Go Time Trial 2 = Igo Time Trial: Shikatsu Daihyakka
  • San Goku Shi IV = Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV
  • Tozasarata Yakata = Killing Time
  • Yamada Kamachi Bijutsukan: Kamachi's Museum is listed twice
I think some of the country code column entries may also be incomplete/incorrect. Still, it's a great resource. Adding the actual kana and kanji for Japanese game titles would be the next improvement. FUJISAN might have some suggestions too.

nixzero
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nixzero » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:22 am

I've been working on an update to my list that includes goldenband's corrections (thanks!). While filling in some blanks, I stumbled across this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3DO-Demo-Disc-P ... 1c492d85f9

I had not yet seen these dealer demo discs and will be including them in the list as well, please let me know if you guys know of any other games that were part of the demo disc program.

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Post by goldenband » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:50 pm

nixzero wrote:I've been working on an update to my list that includes goldenband's corrections (thanks!).
Awesome, and you're welcome! :D

nixzero
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nixzero » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:14 pm

One of the things I would like to confirm are how many different Storage Manager discs were produced. I know that Japan has the "Storage Manger 2.1" disc, which I assume was only bundled with the memory unit. The US included memory managers on several sampler discs and games (the only one that includes it in the title is "Sampler III and Storage Manager"), but there was no dedicated disc. However, it does appear that a standalone Storage Manager disc was produced as part of the Demo Disc Program. Does anyone know if there any more that I'm missing?

nixzero
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nixzero » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:29 pm

Also, the numbering for the 3DO sampler discs is confusing...

In the U.S., the most common samplers are "3DO Interactive Sampler" 1-4, but there's also "Sampler III and Storage Manager", which appears to be a different disc that has no preceding titles (only one with roman numerals). Then there's ALSO "The 3DO Multi Game Sampler Number 3", which AFAIK was only released in Europe and seems to have no preceding titles.

Again, any info would be appreciated!

3DO Si
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DO Si » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:33 pm

Great list, can I just add the 'Killing Time Version 1.1 (Black Disk)', it was a mail-in only release for owners of the original game.

Also, 'ESPN: Lower Your Score with Tome Kite: Mental Messages', again another mail-in only release.

nixzero
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nixzero » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:23 am

I've just updated my 3DO game list, you can find it here:
http://nixzero.wordpress.com/236-2/

I've made quite a few changes, and I always welcome more suggestions/corrections. Major changes include:
  • -Added several demos, including those published as part of the Demo Disc Program.
    -Filled all most blanks in "Genre", "Developer/Publisher", and "Year" columns.
    -Unknown data has been marked "UNKNOWN", any info on these entries would be greatly appreciated.
    -Added columns for Lightgun and Mouse support
    -Added separate entries for the mail-in only discs Killing Time 1.1 and ESPN Golf: Lower Your Score with Tom Kite - Mental Messages.
    -Updated entries for Warp's Flopon/Furopon series to avoid confusion.
    -REMOVALS: Dragon Knight III/Knights of Xentar; duplicate entries for Kamachi's Museum
    -MERGED: Kurokishi no Kamen & Ghost Hunter; FireBall!! & Real Pinball; Igo Time Trial 2 & Book of Life and Death; Sangokushi IV & Romance of the 3 Kingdoms; Tozasareta Yakata & Killing Time.