Ebay sellers that put "best offer" on 3DO stuff...

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Ebay sellers that put "best offer" on 3DO stuff...

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:55 am

Not sure why this one in particular put an option for Best Offer, i made three quite fair offers and none taken, the item failed to sell...

It was a long box Crime Patrol, non working disc, no manual, no other paperwork these games came with, just a case showing signs of wear and tear and a disc that would never ever work again.

I offered five bucks under the buy it now price, and when that was rejected right near the end, i offered $3 under then $2 under...

Thing is here, its not of much use to a collector due to condition of case and lack of manual...

On the flip side of that, i put in an offer on a sealed long box Last Bounty Hunter, offer got accepted within ten minutes, i paid, and we're laughin ;) $8 USD off!!

Managed to also get €5 off a long box Mad Dog in perfectly good condition complete with everything, offer accepted very quickly there too.
The man that beat the self proclaimed "best in the world" at The Need For Speed...

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Ebay sellers that put "best offer" on 3DO stuff...

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:26 am

Dude, I LOVE Gun Games and own all the relevant titles for Saturn, PS1 and PS2.

However, I really am NOT a fan of how those old school ALG titles play :|

I do love the FMV appeal though... 8)

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Ebay sellers that put "best offer" on 3DO stuff...

Post by Martin III » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:29 pm

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:Not sure why this one in particular put an option for Best Offer, i made three quite fair offers and none taken, the item failed to sell...
I've seen the same happen. In fact, most of the time when I place a best offer, it's auto-rejected, even if it's pennies below the buy it now price. I suspect these people are just confused by ebay's listing software and can't figure out how to set the auction up so that it will consider best offers.