The Iron Soldier Thread.

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

The Iron Soldier Thread.

Post by a31chris » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:28 am

Really? No Iron Soldier thread?

So I popped this game in again after years of not playing it.

I figured I'd do it on 'medium'. Yeah right got me an ass handin'. Oh yeah. Can't even complete the second mission. So now I got it on wussy and am on the 4th mission of the first group.

Man this game is fun. I forgot how good it really is.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Re: The Iron Soldier Thread.

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:49 pm

Arguably the best game on the Jaguar tbh Chris. It really is that good.

The sense of scale and power is fantastic.

Top 5 material, without doubt 8)

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:43 am

And it has great AI. The helicopters, the tanks and planes. All seem intelligent. It's really a well done game.

I think I will indulge a little. :)
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 am

"YOU FAILED TO PROTECT...'

Yeah I failed but I loved it. All that action and all those helo's and tanks and you're just a firin' in every direction. WHOOOO!!!!

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:38 am

NeoGeoNinja wrote:Top 5 material, without doubt 8)
Agreed.

The Laird
3DO ZERO USER

Post by The Laird » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:21 pm

It was also the 4th best selling game on the Jaguar (after AVP, T2K and Doom)

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Tue May 05, 2015 2:55 am

Definitely a "killer-app" for the Jaguar, as well as the sequel. I tend to play number 2 more, since I have it, though the requirement is a Jag CD unit and finding a copy, or even harder, finding the cart version. But I did just recently start a new game of the original, on medium, which is about equal to easy in the sequel. I've tried to like other Mech games since, but almost all are overly complicated, IMHO, Iron Soldier got it right on with the complexity and making good use of both types of Jag controllers. Of course IS3 on the PS1 and Nuon are also just as good, in playability terms, with a jump in graphic detail. I like the analog control in IS3, but totally miss the Jag's keypad for changing weapons, it actually very natural feeling to me, maybe just after years of playing that way, but whatever.
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:10 pm

The Laird wrote:It was also the 4th best selling game on the Jaguar (after AVP, T2K and Doom)
Where'd you get that from? My researches have failed to dig up any information on sales of Jaguar games.