At long lost, I've found you!

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

dark
3DO ZERO USER

At long lost, I've found you!

Post by dark » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:18 am

Been hunting for one of these casually for about two or three years. Finally got one. Not the best shape and it kinda smells like cigarettes, but I didn't have to pay a collector price either so it evens out. Love this box art, love this game, probably my favorite on the system.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Re: At long lost, I've found you!

Post by Austin » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:41 am

Ha, nice.. I had one of those a few years back. A little uncommon, no doubt. You see the red discs floating around all over the place though, it's like everyone that bought these via retail threw away the boxes or something.

dark
3DO ZERO USER

Post by dark » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:20 am

I wonder if the red discs are a slightly different build to the pack in version, like to fix a few minor bugs or something. I know other system's games that had more than two releases would do that sometimes.

Austin

Post by Austin » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:19 am

I don't know. I just figured it was to better match the longbox/retail packaging. It would be interesting to know if there were subtle fixes made as well.

Dr.Enceladus
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dr.Enceladus » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:20 pm

Austin wrote:Ha, nice.. I had one of those a few years back. A little uncommon, no doubt. You see the red discs floating around all over the place though, it's like everyone that bought these via retail threw away the boxes or something.
There's a red disc version? Why did you have to tell me that for? ....now i want one...lol
...eat well, stay fit, look good, feel great - die anyway...

Austin

Post by Austin » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:26 am

Yeah, it was the one that was included with the longbox retail version of the game.

eBay link

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:15 am

i feel you. There was a period of a few years that i didn't think the longbox version was real.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:46 am

Very cool game for its time. I still haven't gotten around to sitting down and doing a proper play of it. It's a bit hard to get into, which I suspect may have contributed to the general consensus of the time, which was essentially, "Looks great, plays great, but it's just not a stunning enough game to sell a $700 gaming console."

Austin

Post by Austin » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:21 am

Crash 'n Burn is hard to get into. I remember thinking it kind of an odd one when I first played it, but stuck with it and after a while it just "clicked" and I started tearing through the game. Although, I never did finish it--it gets pretty difficult later on in the game. I need to revisit it on stream sometime in the near future and see if I can finish it.