Amiga products

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Amiga products

Post by Trev » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:03 pm

I was wondering if anyone here on the forum knows of a place that sells Amiga stuff? Specifically, I am looking for cdtv & cd32 software. I used to order from a place called 'Centsilbe Software' but their site has not worked for a bit, and I heard some bad feedback about them recently. Anyway, looking to dust of my player with some new titles (anyone here own either?)

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:33 pm

I thought about picking up a CD32. There seems to be a fair share of new in box systems on eBay, but they're not exactly cheap. Mainly, I want to play D/Generation again. I used to play it on my old 386 PC, but I couldn't get it to work on newer systems. It's on some compilation CD whose installer won't run under DOSbox. :-\

Anyway, I ultimately passed because I don't know what other games are worthwhile for the system. That, and games seem to be hard to find in general.

So, long story short, I'm interested in whether anyone knows of a good place to get CD32 games, too.

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:57 am

I know that this is an OLD thread but to answer your question mobius - yes there are several good reasons to buy a CD32
Firstly most of the great Amiga games were released for it so no mucking around with floppy disks - just put the cd in and play

I recommend:
Fire & Ice (platform)
Simon the Sorcerer (point & click)
Beneath a Steel Sky (point & click)
Akira (FMV)
Zool 1& 2 (platform)
Alien Breed (top down shoot)
Dark Seed (point & click)
Chaos Engine (top down shoot) as good as anything by SNK
UFO (strategy)
D Generation (strategy)
Gunship (flight sim)
& Super Stardust - (asteroids on steroids)
just for starters!
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:50 pm

Akira? Didn't Amiga Power give Akira 2 out of 10? The only reason I remember is because I loved the movie and was bitterly disappointed by the game - then I cried laughing at the review.

EDIT: http://amr.abime.net/review_991

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:33 pm

mattyg wrote:I know that this is an OLD thread but to answer your question mobius - yes there are several good reasons to buy a CD32
Firstly most of the great Amiga games were released for it so no mucking around with floppy disks - just put the cd in and play

I recommend:
Fire & Ice (platform)
Simon the Sorcerer (point & click)
Beneath a Steel Sky (point & click)
Akira (FMV)
Zool 1& 2 (platform)
Alien Breed (top down shoot)
Dark Seed (point & click)
Chaos Engine (top down shoot) as good as anything by SNK
UFO (strategy)
D Generation (strategy)
Gunship (flight sim)
& Super Stardust - (asteroids on steroids)
just for starters!
Funny you should bring this back up, because I just got a CD32 about a week ago. The controller is all wonky, though, and I'm waiting on a replacement from the seller.

But yeah, I'm still looking for recommendations on good places to buy games.

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:02 pm

Akira? Didn't Amiga Power give Akira 2 out of 10? The only reason I remember is because I loved the movie and was bitterly disappointed by the game - then I cried laughing at the review.
Yeah the game itself is crap but its important in gaming history as one of the first Anime game atempts aimed at the western market. The visuals are beautiful for their time and is therefore a must have.

As for software - I don't know either - the little I have has reluctantly come from random evilbay sources - and for the record my controller is stuffed too.Common problem with them due to poor soldering of the contacts.I can't even get into mine due to excessive corrosion of the screws to fix it .So I'm welcome for any help if anyone can.
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:48 am

For good Amiga longplays (more than 2 hrs each video)
http://www.youtube.com/user/cubex55

mosul210
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mosul210 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:27 am

For CD32 I recommend Chaos Engine shooter - something like Contra. And Oscar - platform game. Those were 2 of my fav games on my Amiga.