How do you store your games?

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

How do you store your games?

Post by Trev » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:39 pm

I've been keeping my 3DO games in a cd binder w/the manuals to the left and the discs to the right. My problem is that my binder is far too stuffed & ready to burst at any moment (plus I can't even fit my whole collection in it!) I've been looking for a good binder that can hold a large amount of discs (like several hundred) and has pages that can be added &/or removed. Also something quite sturdy (like the hard cover media binders that look like a tiny suitcase) All the ones I've found have problems ....

-too small
-pages are sewn in, not loose
-pockets will only fit discs, not manuals

Can any reccommend something? I hate storing each game in it's box (takes up far too much room w/ a big collection)

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:16 am

i keep mine in their boxes on a shelf

your going to have a hard time finding any modern CD holder to fit CDs and the huge manuals for the 3DO
can you take a picture of your binder? i would love to see whats going on :D

im not sure if these would work (the metal cases) but they are 19cm deep which is the same height as a DVD case http://www.remtrak.com/av/cd.htm - this is from the UK but you should beable to find some on ebay or something
maybe you could put 2 games in the sleeves and put the manuals infront of them or something
i havent really looked at the metal cases in person, mainly because i didnt look for them or i have never seen any :)
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:37 am

Jewel cases with the boxes stowed. Yeah it takes up space but call me old school. 8)

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:01 pm

your going to have a hard time finding any modern CD holder to fit CDs and the huge manuals for the 3DO
I actually only have the jewel case size manuals in the binder. The tall booklets (EA ones for ex) I have elsewhere. Perhaps like how you would store music cds.

Thanks for the pic Lemmi, but not really what I had in mind. I'll try to take a pic of my setup and post it next time I'm on the forum (it is really basic)

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:50 pm

i use this kind for CDRs of movies and TV shows, its a CD Land 240 cd holder
i got like 3 of them off ebay for $35 shipped about 3 years ago
they come with different color ends like red, green and blue

it has a zipper slot on the front that could hold the long manuals, the pocket is 9"1/4 deep and about 11" wide

you can even remove sleeves each sleeve holds 8 CDs 4 on each side

i have 5 of those 240 CD holders and 3 are totally full the other 2 are partially full :)
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

thornton_s
3DO ZERO USER

Post by thornton_s » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:45 pm

I keep all mine stored in boxes in the loft and play them from backups so as to preserve them (please don't shout copyright theft at me as it is not illegal to make backups of games you own for your own use). I tend to do this will all my 3do and pc games.

Don't see why i should have to keep buying the same games over and over again due to warping and scratching from some pointless cd check & the fact that cd, dvd, blue ray etc is both a great storage medium and a complete crap one at the same time (those psp and mini discs were a step in the right direction, no scratchies on those babies!)