Good news and bads news.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Good news and bads news.

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:17 am

if you are like me, you will have wondered what Blue Forest Story is all about and if it is actually any fun at all to play.

Well - the good news is Mrs 3DO Kid is playing right now. And it looks amazing. The character graphics look like they are hand drawn, the whole effect is like very polished, it looks amazing. It's not as technically acomplished as FF7 but it sure is prettier.

The plot, from what i can gather is it's a journey of self descovery for the lead character.

the bad news? It's a bit rubbish to play.

Well - i guess you can't have everything.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:43 am

Well - the good news is Mrs 3DO Kid is playing right now
Dear wife of 3DO Kid -

Please provide us with an english walkthrough.

Sincerely,
Trev

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:59 am

never heard of it, can someone direct me to info/screenshots or anything like that?
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:09 am

the only thing i could find was the youtube clip by 3dokid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPdrioXXy8E
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:18 am

That really doesn't do it justice. PLus also that bit of the game is the playble bit of the introduction :shock:

In the introduction game you have to take a ball of rice (like a Japanese snack) to the temple, you end up giving one piece to a dog (although you have the option not to) you then scamper off into the Blue Forest to collect a herb (I think) anyway you and your mate get surround by baddies, the lead character has a gaming moment, turns into a demon, wipes out the all bad guys single-demon handed and then you can start the game proper.

It's actually a lot better than I explained it...

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Blue forest story.

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:12 pm

The bubbles bursting on this one. The graphics are quite unique. The story is in the same highly convoluted theme as FFVII. A journey of self discovery and family intrigue. But, and I've just watched Mrs 3DOKid battle through a dungeon, and it's random battle-tastic. Every few seconds. Again and again and again and again. I would have broken the machine in two simply in rage by now.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:00 pm

So I'm guessing I shouldn't hold my breath for the walkthrough? :(

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:17 am

Welcome to the wonderful world of Japanese gaming. I have no knowledge of how the European releases work, so I'll concentrate on American and Japanese differences here.

If you've ever realized you're not strong enough for a dungeon and you have to run around the world map outside for a few hours to gain experience despite the fact that you've been beefing up in a manner that would have you cruising through it in most other games... if this makes you sigh, you have more in common with Americans than the Japanese.

They LOVE exp harvesting. Love experience days. RPGS tend to be 50+ hours with some reliability. And their RPGs are usually retooled when theyre brought over here.

Take the Playstation game Persona. First person view in dungeons and you'd occasionally have one of those days where you take five steps and have a fight. Then another five steps, fight. Then four and another damn fight.

Persona's encounter rate was REDUCED for a Western audience. In the Japanese version it was three steps at most, most of the time, then BAM. The enemies were tougher in the Japanese version. They gave much less experience in the Japanese version. I think experience levels were also closer together in the American version, it was that crazy.

I'm not sure what it's like these days. My friend who localizes stuff at Nippon Ichi says they don't dumb the games down, but they're more like tactics games from what I know.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:11 pm

God bless america (n versions of Japanese games then).

I would have gone insane.