Anyone else a point & click fanatic

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

thornton_s
3DO ZERO USER

Anyone else a point & click fanatic

Post by thornton_s » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:05 pm

I know it's not 3DO related but it is awfully quiet around here at the moment, so i was just curious to see if there were any other adventure game fans on the site.

Sure they are dated and old school,slow paced, irritating as hell when you get stuck and can't progress, they often they have ridiculous storylines, but there is something about them what gets me hooked. I have 100's of these for the PC and was wondering what your favourites are or were.

Couple of mine (just off the top of my head, in no order are)
Indiana Jones - Fate of Atlantis
Beneath A Steel Sky
Day Of The Tentacle
Sam & Max (including new episodes)
Grim Fandango
Monkey Island (series)
Broken Sword (series)
Flight Of The Amazon Queen
The Dig
Simon The sorcerer (series)

I could go on forever.

I'm off to play Sam & Max series 1 again to pass the time while series 2 episode 1 gets released.

And some 3DO games, Damn you Shockwave 2, why are you so HARD!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:11 am

At the moment I'm playing through Touch Detective on my DS & Syberia on my Xbox.

The original Broken Sword is still far & away my favorite point & click title, although I really do like Sherlcok Holmes (Lost files more than consulting detective)

Deja Vu also has nostalgic value for me as does Maniac Mansion.

Thinking about trying Dreamfall next.

thornton_s
3DO ZERO USER

Post by thornton_s » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:21 am

Ah, Dreamfall, a very different game than everyone was expecting, good, just different, i would make sure to check out a few reviews beforehand.

The longest journey Thats one i missed off my list.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:40 pm

I've been playing through some of my old point & click games recently, so thought I'd revive this small thread.

At the moment I'm working on two 1st person adventure titles, both for pc. Alien Virus, and The lost Island of Alanna (easily the wierdest game tie-in ever ... makes 3do Alfred Hitchcock game look common by comparison :roll: )

Trying to play 'Beneath a Steel Sky' but my disc is acting up :cry:

And I'm doing yet another playthrough of Broken Sword. (BTW, Gamestop has a ds version of this game for pre-order ... :D Trying to verify it from other sources, but no success yet)

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:45 pm

I am a lover of not only point and click but FMV point and click as well.Had Beneath a Steel Sky on my CD32 - very underrated - also liked Burn Cycle , Psychic Detective & Hell - hated Myst.
As I've mentioned in another thread the GTAIV engine could easily be tweaked into an adventure/detective story and take this genre to the next level , sadly I cant see it happening

3DO is dead , long live 3DO

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:49 pm

Mattyg, do you know if the Amiga mouse trick works w/Beneath a steel sky? I always play w/a bit of the bottom chopped on my NTSC machine.

Forgot to add Loom, which is far too short but still great fun. Love that soundtrack!

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:00 pm

Never tried it but there is no reason why it shouldn't as the internal architecture is identical to the 1200 only problem may be in the video transfer in the rf cable as opposed to the 1200 monitor cable.This may cause the bottom of the image to not read at all . I actually face a similar problem now with the resolution Civ IV needs to run at on my 32' Phillips as my picture gets trimmed by the DVI to HDMI convert.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:05 pm

I am going to find an Amiga mouse and attempt.

Darkseed and Simon the sorceror are two more point n' click games I want to play for my cd32.

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:20 pm

good luck! never played darkseed but I can tell you Simon is worth it!