This one takes the cake...

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Hound
3DO ZERO USER

This one takes the cake...

Post by Hound » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:24 am

Wow... This one truly takes the cake for sheer "You gotta be f-ing kidding me?!" factor...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Panasonic-3DO-Robo- ... dZViewItem

For 600 dollars, you can own a 3DO hotel Robo unit. Ok... So, it's heavily rusted out on the back and... it DOESN'T WORK! Yes, you too can pay 600 dollars for a broken, rusted piece of crap! Oh, but not to worry, they are tossing in another 3DO that you can attempt to hack and slash to try and repair your broken rusted out ROBO unit... that just cost you 600 dollars! and that's not including the 160$+ cost to ship it...

To make you feel happy for paying this much, they paid 11,500 yen for it a couple weeks ago which translates to roughly 100 US dollars. That tells you what it's REALLY worth...and that was WITH a bunch of people in a "bid war" over it.

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:50 pm

The rust is probably the result of urine from what goes on in those kinky japanese hotels. Sexy Time!

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:26 pm

check out those excellent shipping prices too!

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:01 am

Damn, that is just plain out scary Bullshit. I wonder if ebay even pays attention to this crap anymore? :roll:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:06 pm

bonefish wrote:The rust is probably the result of urine from what goes on in those kinky japanese hotels. Sexy Time!
You can choose to believe me or not, but I have two mothers in Japan. both are mothers-in-law and technically one is a step-mother-in-law. But one of them owns a hotel like this. I've stayed there. :shock:

The most fun (well - second most fun) was sitting in reception with my big ol' foreign face going "konbawa" which means good evening, to all the embarressed looking highschool kids that seem to frequent them places.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:19 am

3DOKid wrote:
bonefish wrote:The rust is probably the result of urine from what goes on in those kinky japanese hotels. Sexy Time!
You can choose to believe me or not, but I have two mothers in Japan. both are mothers-in-law and technically one is a step-mother-in-law. But one of them owns a hotel like this. I've stayed there. :shock:

The most fun (well - second most fun) was sitting in reception with my big ol' foreign face going "konbawa" which means good evening, to all the embarressed looking highschool kids that seem to frequent them places.

Oh Shit, now that is funny! :lol:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:17 am

Only light rust. I swear!

:lol:

More like cancer.

I wish I could be a globetrotter like 3doKid. Japan looks like fun!

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:47 pm

The scarriest thing is that i was outbid on that some days ago and that guy got that for about 7000yen and selling it for 600usd!!??wow!! but i got the second one just like this for less! so i will sell it for 500usd :lol: :lol:

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:42 am

Japan is lots of fun. Especially watching the occasional bozo suffer extreme culture shock a few days in. People don't seem to get that it's an actual condition you can suffer.

Let's see, prized memories in no particular order.

*Accidentally wandering into a hostess bar and negotiating big cups of free beer in exchange for allowing the manager to kick us whities out.

*Conversation with another American at the other end of a packed subway car (at 5'11" we both towered over the sea of mopheads between us)

*The hard liquor in the vending machine outside my apartment.

*Hiking on the offshore rocks (near Kyushu, if I remember) getting pelted with rocks thrown by monkeys and getting royally flashbanged later that night. Long story, will relate later.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:46 am

The beer vending machines would have been a disaster waiting to happen if I had gone to school in Japan.

And yes, i know, British and Japanese tourists can be a pain in the arse, but I was sat in the Hotel New Otani (posh hotel in Tokyo) in the rotating chinese buffet on the milionth floor and some really (really really) loud American Lady was peering out of the window, out over Tokyo, a city of some 30,000,000 people, and she declared "Do you think it's bigger than Milwaukee?" (she sounded like the woman who played Chandlers girlfriend in Friends - Janice was it?) it was a very strong accent.)

I did what any Brit would do in that situation. remain dignified and I laughed so hard chicken and sweetcorn soup came out of my nose.

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:09 am

Funny, I've been banned from the New Otani Hotel (here in Los Angeles, right down the street from me.)

Also, what constitutes a very strong American accent? Hick? New Englander?

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:37 am

New Englanders have a strong accent? :shock: I went to Boston & Concord they just sounded American to me...

Erm. Now I'm stuck. Assuming most people in the US speak with a mild accent. Texans, New Yorkers, Californians, and I know there is a difference between all of those, her accent was very pronounced. Even in a room full of people with same accent, she would have stood out. Nasal? She spoke a lot like the mother in "everyone loves raymond" but more pitched. like janice from friends. i think.

why you banned?

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:45 am

Tragically I watch more British television than American. Hell, I watch more Canadian programming than I do US stuff.

Everybody Loves Raymond... Brooklyn accent, maybe? I'd have to look up some clips to be sure.

"Normal" for American accents would be the Midwest diction, usually what you hear newscasters using. It takes some mental adjusting to consider that an accent for me.