WHat are you playing right now?

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:08 pm

Yeah its working fine :) Just replaced the battery yesterday so it saves on the internal memory just fine and keeps the time/date now.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:54 pm

Just replaced the battery yesterday so it saves on the internal memory just fine and keeps the time/date now.
I love how the Saturn has an easy to replace battery! I wish other consoles had followed suit.

I'm also playing my Saturn now, mainly zapper games. I've played Area 51, Scud (bleh!) and Virtua Cop. Next is Die Hard Trilogy & Revolution X.

Dryden
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dryden » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:14 pm

Super Mario Galaxy.

Absolutely amazing game.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:49 am

ahh a little thread ressurection!

I was playing crysis which is pretty fun. I played it all the way through in one day. I lost a little sleep over it too heh. then afterwards I was trying the new need for speed pro street and found my water cooler is faulty and had stuff floating in the coolant that came preinstalled. So... i got to wait for a new one to ship out to me. :( Cant even turn on that computer right now. :(

Dryden
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dryden » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:07 pm

I doubled my Wii library by picking up 9 games at Toys R Us last week during their Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale. I "beat" Galaxy last night, though completing the story only requires 60 of the 242 total possible stars in the game. Just as well though, I'll be Wii-less over the next couple of weeks as I've got to send it in to NOA for repair, since I've now developed the GPU-memory failure that's been widely talked about on the Internet for the past few months.

I'm also without a PS2, as my house was broken into a month ago and that was stolen, though it's been recovered and positively IDed, I just won't get it back from police evidence until after the burglars' trial.

*sigh* Guess I'll replay Mario 64 and look longingly at all my new Wii games still shrink wrapped that I can't play.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:43 pm

Becuase of the holiday everyone had yesterday off, so a group of 7 of us spent 5 hrs straight playing Mario Kart Double Dash for my cube. Good times! :D

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:17 pm

double dash is cool! i havent played it multi though really. I did beat everything in single player though. Mario Kart DS is pretty cool too.

One of these days though im gonna have to dust off the cube and play metroid prime 2 again. I heard some people saying that 3 isnt that good though? I dont have a wii nor will i likely be buying one to find out though.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:48 am

From what I've read (and heard from friends who are fortunate enough to have a Wii) Prime 3 is great. I'd want a Wii, w/or w/out Metroid. It seems like the perfect system to play w/a group of friends. Plus the virtual console is like a dream come true for me.

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:31 am

I really need a Wii but I have many a X-Box and PS2 game left to play!

Just finished Psychonauts, I highly recommend it. As a platformer the control is a little lacking. But the humor and story are really unique and fun! Another thing to mention it seems as if they made the game but never played it through because at times the logic or scenarios seem to be flawed, just no direction or coherence at times... But besides that just a great little overlooked gem.

Currently playing FFXII, all is well so far. It seems like Final Fantasy Tactics had sex with Secret of Mana and this was the offspring. Not bad by any means.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:41 am

I bought FFXII last year and still havent played it. lol.

I wanted to finish IX, and then play X and X-2. I burnt out on FF games though after playing 8.5 of them in like 5-6 months.

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:44 am

That's what I've been doing as well. I played 9 which I had when it was new but I sold it with all my dreamcast stuff for a PS2 (lesson learned, hold on to the good stuff). And I just played through 10. I got stuck toward the end like 5 years ago and didn't have the motivation to try and level up. I was in a bad gaming slump then. I can't bring myself to play X-2 it looks really girly... not in a very good way either. Damn I've beat a lot of games this year...

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:00 pm

yeah it does look girly lol. I dont intend to play an FF game anytime soon so i wont find out. But i still have it for the collection.

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:36 am

Well I think I'm done with Final Fantasy 12. It really burnt my ass. Here I am just crusin on through, I seem well leveled and I get to a boss and it beats me like it owns me :evil: . So I try again. Swap equipment, try again. Screw this grindfest. I've had to do it several times. The story is going no where at the 12 hour mark, so I no longer feel compelled to try. I should've read the gamefaqs.com reviews, they're right, IGN is way wrong. This game is busted. This is only the second game I've ever quit playing the other being Tales of Symphonia and that was only because it bored me to tears with its over cliche garbage.

Dryden
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dryden » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:58 pm

Still Wii-less, and still PS2-less as well.

Although, as luck would have it, a person I work with sent out an email offering up her 60Gb PS3 which had only ever been turned on "maybe 10 times." She watched some Blu-Ray movies and played a PS2 Kingdom Hearts disc on it, and that was it.

I asked her how much, and she said she was looking for a computer. Wouldn't you know, I just happened to have like 10 computers in my house, since I build them and have been tripping over spare parts for months now.

Now I have only 9 computers ... and a PS3.

Bought Heavenly Sword, beat it in less than a week. That was disappointing, but the game is still very cool. Onto Warhawk now ... anybody here play?

I think I'll get several months enjoyment out of Warhawk.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:36 pm

screw attack said super man 2 on blu-ray was one of the top 10 ps3 exsclusive games that were worth playing. I had to lol at that.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27842.html

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:15 am

Playing through Splinter Cell for X-Box right now. I was able to pick up, Splinter Cell, SC:Pandora Tomorrow, SC:Chaos Theory for $10 at Gamestop. Bless last gen gaming. I'm at the last mission and I can't wait to play the other 2, and pick up Double Agent. It is like Metal Gear Solid but without the excessive filler (don't get me wrong I like it). Just a great game. But I think I'm going to have to play through Doom 3 (X-Box) after Splinter Cell 1, its been awhile since I played a nice FPS.

Dryden
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dryden » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:13 pm

bonefish wrote:I think I'm going to have to play through Doom 3 (X-Box) after Splinter Cell 1, its been awhile since I played a nice FPS.
... then why would you play Doom 3? :lol:

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:45 pm

Dryden wrote: ... then why would you play Doom 3? :lol:
LOL :lol: Well put! I played through Half-Life 2 (X-Box) this last spring and figure I'll do it for my own personal journey. :D I've lowered my expectations appropriately.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:36 pm

I was able to pick up, Splinter Cell, SC:Pandora Tomorrow, SC:Chaos Theory for $10 at Gamestop.

I've been playing through the Splinter cell games recently too. In the past two weeks I beat the first one & Pandora tomorrow (for GC though not Xbox) I'm loving all the last gen bargain games, and will probably be grabbing Chaos Theroy in the next couple weeks or so.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:49 am

Lemmi wrote:i started playing War Craft 2 on the Saturn again
ive got the bug, plus i havent played the campaigns since the late 90's
i also havent played as the Orcs yet either which im doing now :)
still playing this :D
thank god for the memory carts

im on the custom senarios now, ive beat 22 of the 128x128 maps in the past now im trying to do the rest, i think there is 45 of them
ive even drawn my own maps :D

the only one that i cant seem to beat is that damn skull map, i gave up after 3 tries
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:28 pm

I'm approaching the end of Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. I don't know what people are talking about saying it was so hard. It controls much better than the first game. Textbook on how to make a sequel better than the original.

Also, I've been playing Shockwave 1. It is way harder than I remember! :lol:

Dryden
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dryden » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:47 pm

Santa Claus was good to me, and my seven year old son too, so the family has a lot of games to share.

Now playing:

On the DS- Mario Kart DS with the wife and son (we each have our own DS), Zelda: Phantom Hourglass when not doing the multiplayer thing.

On the Wii- Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Guitar Hero III

On the PS3- Unreal Tournament III w/ the keyboard+mouse setup on the PS3 after everyone goes to bed and I can crank up the gore.

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:10 pm

I got Shinobi 3 complete in box for the Genesis yesterday. Holy crap this game is amazing. I'm hooked.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:52 am

That game is awesome! It is quite fun to play it all the way through. I used to be really good at that game.

btw. currently playing Infernal and NFS prostreet on PC.

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:09 am

I keep dying at the last level :(

I tried playing it through 3 times these past 2 days.
1st play through - Died to the boss at the end of the 2nd to last level
2nd play through - Got to the last level with only 1 life
3rd play through - Got to the last level with 1 continue

Progress has been made though so that's a good thing.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:38 am

Beat A/X-101 for the Sega CD. And now I just finished Shadowrun for the Genesis. I got a complete copy for $15 :D

Damn that game sucked me in big time. 5-6 days straight I was playing it for 6-8 hours a day. Fantastic game. Easily one of the greatest games ever made.
-Vladimir Lenin

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:38 pm

Colony Wars on the PS1.

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:22 pm

The Note:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rwZ3LCBetAI

Toy Commander
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5HjVbEZgtjU

and Jumping Flash (I'll put a clip online soon)

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:14 am

I'm playing Oddworld:Munches Oddysee. It makes you chuckle, the humor is good. But other than that it really is bland gameplay wise. Can't wait till I get through it to fire up the Ol' N64 for some Zelda OoT.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:19 am

i finally switched games from Warcraft 2 (i got all the customs beat)

now im messing with Micro Machines and Christmas Crisis for the CDi
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host