Hi there

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

cybdmn
3DO ZERO USER

Hi there

Post by cybdmn » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:18 am

I'm new to this board and want to say hi to everyone. I'm lucky to see that there are more guys in the world who share the passion with the good old 3DO.

I have parts of my 3DO hardware online, you can see them here:

http://www.blood-is-red.de/wiki/wikka.p ... =System3DO

It misses the FZ-EM256 memory unit i bought yesterday. Can't wait to get it in my hands.

This little wiki is the reason why i have a question to the collectors here.
Is there anybody with a large collection of games with the old 3DO Ratings?
What i need are high res scans of the rating symbols of all ratings, which were a green circle with an E for everyone, 2 yellow/orange rhombi for 12 and 17 and an red octagon with an AO for adults only. I need these scans for an article about the 3DO Rating system, and all i have are some 17 rated games and newer which have the ESRB rating.
If someone here is able and willing to scan these symbols plaese PM me.

coombsb
3DO ZERO USER

Post by coombsb » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:41 pm

Welcome to the board, and thanks again for your purchase, it's on it's way :)

I've not got a scanner, but would be willing to take some good pictures of the ratings if no-one else offers.

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:42 pm

Welcome to the boards, those are some really good pictures of the hardware you have there!

As far as the old 3DO rating system... those might be online somewhere. Maybe in the wayback machine snapshot of 3DO's site? Well, some people here DO have rather comprehensive collections, so maybe we can help out. I'm afraid my collection was stolen.

But again, welcome!

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:31 pm

Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

cybdmn
3DO ZERO USER

Post by cybdmn » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:25 am

coombsb wrote:Welcome to the board, and thanks again for your purchase, it's on it's way :)
I have to thank you, your answer to my girlfriends question was extremely fast. So she got the chance to take my account and bid, i had to go to bed the auction ended at 2:00 am here. :)
Vance wrote:Welcome to the boards, those are some really good pictures of the hardware you have there!

But again, welcome!
Thank you, i took the pictures with my Canon EOS 400D. This is all for our passion to games. A friend built the OGDB mentioned on the site, a database for games like mobygames, but without any advertisings and just facts and covershots, and my wiki is for all the trivia stuff and other things that doesn't fit in the database.
Lemmi wrote:hi there and welcome to the boards

here are some scans at 200dpi pick the ones you like
Thank you man, perfect. :)

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:06 pm

cybdmn wrote:
Lemmi wrote:hi there and welcome to the boards

here are some scans at 200dpi pick the ones you like
Thank you man, perfect. :)
welcome, i have all my games scanned (but only 15 or so in 200dpi the rest are in 100) so i just cut out the symbols from the 200dpi ones :)

when you are done with the article i hope you can post where it is here so we can read it

cybdmn
3DO ZERO USER

Post by cybdmn » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:02 pm

Lemmi wrote:welcome, i have all my games scanned (but only 15 or so in 200dpi the rest are in 100) so i just cut out the symbols from the 200dpi ones :)
They were perfect for my usage. I uploaded them for vectorizing here:

http://vectormagic.stanford.edu/

Donwloaded them as .png and made some cleanings.
Lemmi wrote:when you are done with the article i hope you can post where it is here so we can read it
Well, the article is at the beginning and i don't know when this will be finished, maybe nevver really, cause its a wiki and everybody can fill in informations. Second thing is, its completely in german. This wiki is a product from two "sister-sites", one is all about censorship in games, the other is a games database in the like of mobygames, but in german with special informations only apply to germans. For every version of a game there are informations if its censored/uncensored, is it banned in germany or is it on the notorious "indexlist".
The wiki is for all informations that doesn't fit in the database or on the other site. like hardware or the informations about rating organisations.
This wiki is new and incomplete, but it grows, even through your support. ;-)

But you can take a look at hier here:

http://www.blood-is-red.de/wiki/wikka.p ... =Rating3DO

And here is the Index:

http://www.blood-is-red.de/wiki/wikka.p ... OfContents

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:04 pm

thats cool, thanks for the links

i am part german ;)
but i cant read it .. lol

i can always use translators like i do with some russian sites :)

cybdmn
3DO ZERO USER

Post by cybdmn » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:09 pm

I am part french, and can't speak french. ;)

Google will do it for the wiki too. Its far from perfect but as far as i see it will do it.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... n&ie=UTF-8

cybdmn
3DO ZERO USER

Post by cybdmn » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:54 pm

I couldn't answer in the other 3DO blaster threads, so i continue it here.

As to be seen on my wiki, i have a 3do blaster too. I bought it at ebay for a really good price and complete. Only the cables are missing.

I tried to get it runnung. On day one i crashed an old motherboard. Damned screwdriver. :lol:

-Okay, today, day two, next try. My old Pentium 133 with 64MB Ram.

-Old 2MB VGA Adapter plugged in.

-Floppycontroller is crashed, i can only use the floppy as drive B:

- DOS 6.2 and Windows 3.1 installed on another computer and built the HDD in the P133.

- Soundblaster installed (really old, with jumpers for IRQ/DMA Settings etc.) One Floppydisk had an really bad error, so i made a new with the files from an old Soundblaster CD.

-CD Rom installed.

-3DO Blaster Software installed.

-And now the tricky part, i used an old floppycable and used it instead of the missing VGA Feature Adapter cable.

-First Test: Grabbing Corpse Killer and try ... Success!

Next thing to do is to get hands on CD Audio cables which i can use.

In fact this is a really short and fast description of all i have done, so understand this more as warning. If you aren't absolutely fit with old computers and DOS, and have tony of old hardware lying around don't try it. Your chances to get it running are very low.