Introduce yourself.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:58 am

aoinightsatan wrote:HI! to every 3do soul

i'm a new 3do fan that was hiatus for some time

thanks to the 3do kid my interest for the 3DO grow so i finally arrived here and after reading some topics in the forum (i read everything in this one) i decided to register....it's a pretty cool community that you guys have made congratulations for keeping alive the 3DO legend
thanks to guys like you the classic gaming will never die and for me that's enough to be proud. that's why i'm here at least...there's another 3do follower registered in the forum haha so for statics it's good isn't?

about myself, i'm from Mexico, Mexico City to be exact, i guess i'm the only one from mexico?....who knows haha

i can say i'm a collector....but someday when i make some money then, maybe i will began to buy stuff....although i have a lot of stuff i guess....i have consoles like sega saturn, pc engine, dreamcast, NES,SNES, master system, ps2,xbox (my bastard child), gamecube(yeah well...f-zero was nice) sega cd, 32x, coleco, atari 2600 and 7800 and well some more i'm looking forward to get an amiga cd32 and a neogeo AES...yeah of course i got a 3do FZ-1 and FZ-10

shame on me but i bought my first 3DO in 2003 on a flee market....here in mexico there are some "types" of flee markets where they usually sell garbage haha...really! so when i saw it, i can't believe my eyes! a 3DO FZ-1 and seems in perfect shape!...i bought it very cheap...for about 15.00usd without controllers.....that's funny because the first thing i did to test the console was with a game i downloaded from the net...the console was working but now i needed a damn controller....here is damn hard to get anything 3do related...i wouldn't say impossible....but sure damn hard yeah!
so i had to wait like 6 months when finally a friend of mine went to japan...i knew that in japan 3DO accesories are easy to find so he got 2 controllers thank god! (and yeah i could buy some controllers via ebay leave me alone!)

haha that's the history....i always want to be able of experimenting the 3DO, so i'm doing it right now...pretty cool software so far, but thanks to the press i was blind about the quality of games that a 3DO could offer....is a little similar with sega saturn...the press was very bad with that system....saying that the damn console couldn't do 3D and silly stuff like
that.....
i don't know why, did you guys think that sometimes the video game magazines could be anything but not informative

well i guess that's all and sorry for my spelling and grammar...my english is very bad
Hello Mate! Welcome to the forum!

I think you are right - i don't believe we have anyone else from Mexico - we have one person from just about everywhere else though!

You're right about the Press, in some respect they did all jump on the 3DO, the low quality of some of the games didn't help either. I'm glad you are enjoying it and welcome to the forum!

3DO Kid.

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

A new member with high hopes

Post by JohnnyDude » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:08 am

Hi everyone. Just signed up.

I've been through about three 3do's in my lifetime. I bought one for 200 bucks back in my mid-teens. I was a sucker for the groundbreaking 3D graphics, so naturally I loved games like Starfighter and Killing Time. The darned things just kept breaking down on me, even though my pile of games grew ever larger.

My main reason for joining this forum is my potentially delusional ambitions for a new 3do emulator. I've watched the progress of Freedo very carefully over several years, but ultimately I'm unhappy with the overall progress. 3do is the only system I've owned that doesn't have a full-fledged, stable emulator that's actively maintained.

I'll probably start a new thread trying to recruit some help on this (like everyone does as soon as they join a forum). I've programmed a limited portion of an NES emulator on my own, so at least I know the basics.

Feefle
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Feefle » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:03 am

I joined cause I bought 2 3DO FZ10's with 30 games from ebay. I just thought that the 3DO would be another great addition to my collection of consoles, and finally have a CD based system better than my Sega CD and Sega Saturn...

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:31 am

Welcome !
There is a wealth of information and friendly people here to assist you in all things 3DO. :wink:

missyrelm
3DO ZERO USER

Couple new to the 3DO

Post by missyrelm » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:06 am

Hi,

My wife and I have been exploring both current consoles and different retro consoles for awhile now.

We're in our mid-30's and spend all our time together, and a lot of that gaming or web surfing about gaming.

When I first read about the 3DO, it really fascinated me right away, the daisy-chaining controllers and the movie-like sequences. Even all the sites that said "all the games were bad" made us even more interested in the 3DO.

We both like to root for the underdog!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:14 am

My wife and I have been exploring both current consoles and different retro consoles for awhile now.
I think that it is the dream of most male gamer's to get a girl to game with. Awesome! (I do the same w/my wife)

We both like to root for the underdog!
You are certainly not alone.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Sigurd
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Sigurd » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:51 am

Hello all, just a quick "hi" to introduce myself :)

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:10 am

And a quick "hi" back to welcome you to the forum.

Sigurd
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Sigurd » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:42 am

:D :D

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:26 pm

Hello mate, welcome to the forum. What brings you to these 3do parts?

logtail
3DO ZERO USER

3do

Post by logtail » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:46 pm

The name is logtail-why? Because many, many larger dogs have tails the diameter of logs, especially if they are obese. Anyway, just trying to figure out some stuff down here in tennessee, USA on my fz-10. Great little machine, bought it about 10 years ago for 50 bucks US with a bunch of games and stuff. Has no light guns, no idea where to get those...
But, enough blabber.

MrSpiggott
SPAMMER

Post by MrSpiggott » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:51 am

Hi everyone. A bout of nostalgia has forced me to me to try the 3DO again. I managed to track down the very FZ-1 I sold over ten years ago and buy it back with all the games. I'd forgotten how heavy and well made they are, and how much they look like an art deco cinema. I'm an old git so I've been lucky enough to own just about evey type of console, but this one holds a special place in my heart. Supprised I'd bought so many games for it.
The horde, Space Hulk, Shock waves 1, 2 and jumpgate, Virtuoso, Pebble beach golf links, Ballz, D, Samurai showdown,Burning soldier, PO'ed, Slayer, Powers Kingdom, Cannon Fodder, Return fire, PaTaank, Total eclipse, Twisted, Wing Commander III, Starblade, Alone in the dark, Off-world interceptor, Gex, Slam'N Jam 95, Road Rash, The need for speed, Killing time, Kingdom the far reaches, Syndicate, Fifa International soccer, Myst, Super street fighter II turbo, Deathkeep, Quarantine, Demolition Man, and all the 3DO magazine disks. Also have a Flight stick pro.

Orrimarrko
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Orrimarrko » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:09 am

Hey all,

Name's Steve. I found this site looking for a list of the complete US releases.

I've had the 3DO several times over the years (4 to be exact), and just received my 3rd boxed FZ-1 today, after a 4 year hiatus.

Along with the boxed console, I got 6 complete long box games in outstanding condition, and a bunch of other discs in cases with instructions and sampler discs with inserts. All in perfect condition. Kind of exciting.

So, I thought, why not try to put together a complete collection? I also collect CIB games for the NES, and games for the Atari 2600 & 5200.

Hope to meet some cool folks, learn a lot about the 3DO and have some laughs along the way.

Peace,
Orri~
"I'm a master of the custodial arts, or a janitor, if you want to be a dick about it..."

3DEEOHHH
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DEEOHHH » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:31 pm

Hi Everyone,

Wow! It's amazing to finally find an active website for the 3DO. My two favorite systems are the 3DO and Sega Saturn. I'm a huge retro gaming fan, I love rare classic games. I'm on this site to find out more information about the 3DO system as everyone here probably knows it's impossible to find good detailed information on web.

I'm currently on the look out for a complete version of Captain Quazar, so if anybody here ever has a copy, or knows where to find one you can PM me.

It's great to be here!

Dan

wulfren
3DO ZERO USER

Post by wulfren » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:25 am

Hey gals & guys..i'm not exactly "new" to the forum...i just fell off the face of the earth for a while

now that i've found my way back i figured i'd say hello again & start stalking the boards as I can..as we speak my 3DO is still hooked up

and being totally selfish & self centered it seems my old posts of love of the flight stick & flying nightmares has just about drove our loving admin crazy (bro I truly hope you've found one, and had one person not turned out to be an @$$hat i'd had one to ship to you for that i'm sorry )

any ways well met to everyone new & hope I can stay long enough to help
Wulfren

~Lupine Nobilis~

Gusbucket13
3DO ZERO USER

Hi everyone

Post by Gusbucket13 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:40 am

Its all T2K Freekers fault - I was a happy Atari Jaguar only fan till he opened my eyes to the existance of the 3DO and just how good it really is, In quick order I took delivery of One Goldstar unit - and when everyone started sucking their teeth like a garage mechanic with bad news I lashed out on a Panasonic FZ1 on account of from what everyone was telling me the goldstar couldnt possibly last longer than 5 minutes if I was lucky...

I hope to get a FZ10 top loader and one day even a Sanyo unit. Anyone got any spare surplus to requirements?

I also hope to be an active contributor to both the active 3DO forums - this one and 3DO Maniac,

Cheers
GB13

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:09 pm

Hi all I'm Matty G from the land down under - got my first 3do way back in 1995 - a Goldstar unit bought from a local games store that imported consoles and modded for Australian use - it ran on 240 V but could only playback on NTSC - fortunately most Tvs sold here were both PAL and NTSC capapble. It was the one bundled with FIFA and was returned for repair twice before I figured out the ribbon cable attatched to drive tray was pinching.My 3do spent most of its life with no casing and with electical tape around the ribbon. Just recently purchase a FZ-1 off Ebay with 60 games and am enjoying the nineties all over again.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:53 pm

Hello chaps!

Welcome aboard!

:)

Primergy
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Primergy » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:35 pm

Ahoi!
This is Jan, moved from Germany to the US some time ago.
Although surrounded by consoles - new & old - I am a 3DO newbie!

I just found out about this forum!
Having a console fetish and volunteering at a electronics recycler I accumulated 3 or 4 blaster cards.
I dug them up again, having some time to finally do something with them.

Mainly I need all software and drivers to create a working blaster-machine right now. (came across this post, hoping to get some help
http://www.3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=179

Before you start screaming at me about the cards :wink: - I can provide pics just for proof. All are untested!

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:48 pm

Primergy wrote:I accumulated 3 or 4 blaster cards.
Did what ??? 3-4 blasters? :shock:
Anyway welcome aboard! :P

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:55 pm

Primergy wrote:Ahoi!
This is Jan, moved from Germany to the US some time ago.
Although surrounded by consoles - new & old - I am a 3DO newbie!

I just found out about this forum!
Having a console fetish and volunteering at a electronics recycler I accumulated 3 or 4 blaster cards.
I dug them up again, having some time to finally do something with them.

Mainly I need all software and drivers to create a working blaster-machine right now. (came across this post, hoping to get some help
http://www.3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=179

Before you start screaming at me about the cards :wink: - I can provide pics just for proof. All are untested!
name your price for the blaster ;)

Primergy
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Primergy » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:48 am

As for now they are not for sale - I might think about it once I have a machine up and running.
Then I could also test the other ones.

I decided to open a thread about it! :arrow:
http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... =6092#6092

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:50 pm

hi, i'm a brand new 3DO Zone-er from london, england called mike.
i've owned my fz-1 since it was launched and it's still plugged in. :) i used to own quite a few titles but somehow managed to lose/damage some of them and have been thinking about acquiring a few of them again and ,more importantly, about getting some more of the better releases.

what i have right now is as follows:
fz-1 console
autobahn tokio
fifa international soccer
flying nightmares
foes of ali
game guru
j. league virtual stadium 95
johnny bazookatone
overdrivin'
policenauts pilot
rise of the robots
road rash
snowjob
super street fighter ii turbo
supreme warrior
theme park
way of the warrior
wing commander iii

titles i've lost and would like to own again (some not as much as others :) ) :
b.c. racers
demolition man
doom
gex
hell
need for speed
return fire
samurai showdown
slam n jam 95
the incredible machine
total eclipse

as you can see, i haven't bought as many titles as alot of people here and still, from time to time, come across new ones so i hope to learn some things around here. that being said, i don't think i was the worst 3do customer back in the day
i tried looking into getting a few more titles a couple of years ago when i bought an internet connection but i wasn't any good at web searches back then so i didn't find much at all.
anyways, there are a few things i need to find out so i guess i'll ask them in the other threads.

marco rossi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by marco rossi » Thu May 08, 2008 8:59 pm

hi all folks,
i'm a new 3DO Zone forumer from france.i own 3 3do system,1 goldstar pal,1 fz 1 us and 1 fz10 jap all in box.i own more than 100 3do games jp,pal and us.the last i've bought is a rarest title called another world pal(out of this world in us and jp) and auto bahn tokyo jp(new sealed).the 3do is my favorite game console and the 3do model i prefer is the fz1 system.Sorry for my poor english :? .see ya

grand_barbare
3DO ZERO USER

Post by grand_barbare » Thu May 08, 2008 10:04 pm

salut ma poule alors marco tu t'es inscrit avant moi?

hi i'm grand_barbare, a french fan of 3DO too, and a friend of marco rossi.
i'll introduce myself tomorow (and sorry for my bad english too guys!) :D

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri May 09, 2008 9:35 am

marco rossi wrote:hi all folks,
i'm a new 3DO Zone forumer from france.i own 3 3do system,1 goldstar pal,1 fz 1 us and 1 fz10 jap all in box.i own more than 100 3do games jp,pal and us.the last i've bought is a rarest title called another world pal(out of this world in us and jp) and auto bahn tokyo jp(new sealed).the 3do is my favorite game console and the 3do model i prefer is the fz1 system.Sorry for my poor english :? .see ya
Hello Mate, welcome aboard. Another World is one of the most beautiful games ever made in my honest opinion. It was made by a French chap wasn't it? Eric Chahi?

I remember being at school still when it came out, and I had gotten hold of a pirate copy prior to it being released on the Atari ST. I then went on to buy it for the Amiga, the 3DO, the anniversary edition and eventually the Atarri ST. It's a brilliant game.

I sort of like Autobahn Tokio. as an early '90s arcade racer it has the spirit that I like, it just lacks rhe actual ability.

Still - a nice couple of games. Welcome to the forum?

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri May 09, 2008 9:40 am

grand_barbare wrote:salut ma poule alors marco tu t'es inscrit avant moi?

hi i'm grand_barbare, a french fan of 3DO too, and a friend of marco rossi.
i'll introduce myself tomorow (and sorry for my bad english too guys!) :D
What's this? Not a French guy in on this forum for 3 years, then two at once? Is this some sort of forum re-enactment of 1066? Revenge for Waterloo? What? :wink:

Welcome aboard chaps! It's nice to have you here!

No need for apologies about your English, it's considerably better than my poor French.

Bienvenue!

grand_barbare
3DO ZERO USER

Post by grand_barbare » Fri May 09, 2008 8:02 pm

unfortunatelly, 3do isn't very popular in france, so marco and i are coming here to share our passion with you!

so Hello,
My name is GRAND BARBARE (36 years old), one of the rarest 3DO fan in France! I mainly collect 3DO videos games since the beginning (jap, euro, and us), because I was really impressed by these games (first TRUE 3D video games!) and a revolution in video games history.

Some games are missing in my collection (dino park !!!! arrghh), if you got some to sell, just let me know.
You can see on pictures below my 3DO collection in other topik of the forum (missing book and some accessories: lot of controllers...)

:D

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri May 09, 2008 8:44 pm

grand_barbare wrote:unfortunatelly, 3do isn't very popular in france, so marco and i are coming here to share our passion with you!

so Hello,
My name is GRAND BARBARE (36 years old), one of the rarest 3DO fan in France! I mainly collect 3DO videos games since the beginning (jap, euro, and us), because I was really impressed by these games (first TRUE 3D video games!) and a revolution in video games history.

Some games are missing in my collection (dino park !!!! arrghh), if you got some to sell, just let me know.
You can see on pictures below my 3DO collection in other topik of the forum (missing book and some accessories: lot of controllers...)

:D
You will have to get in line for that copy of Dino Park tycoon. :)

marco rossi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by marco rossi » Fri May 09, 2008 9:22 pm

salut toi :D ,je me suis inscrit juste avant toi!!!!! i'm happy to see grand barbare here because we're talking about the forum and the 3dokid blog 3 days ago :wink: