Nero version 6 help

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DDodo
3DO ZERO USER

Nero version 6 help

Post by 3DDodo » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:50 pm

why is it that the slowest speed nero 6 will let me burn is x8? i can burn x1 with img burn but thats no good for burning .nrg's.

Also is it normal for game back-ups to take a little longer to boot up?
my machine seems to take a while to boot up past the 3do logo. Could this be the x8 burn speed?

Also very oddly...my machine seems to be a tad skippy on copys for for first 5 minutes and then once warm it works a dream. Are 3dos like car engines or something?lol.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:46 pm

hum i havent burned anything in awhile and i think my nero 6 goes as low as x4, but x8 will be just fine

i remember some of my burned items taking alittle bit longer to boot up than the normal game, the slower burn speed is just to make sure there are no errors when buring, the faster you burn it the more possiblities for errors

what system are you using to play them on? ive only used cdrs on my FZ10, maybe the other systems take a bit longer or something. not sure

even some dreamcast games take a bit longer to boot up, on a dreamcast site they talk about dummy files you can make to put on small games so that when you burn the small game it will put the game near the outer edge so the laser doesnt have to work that hard to search, but i never learned how to make them, and i dont know if they work with 3do games
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:14 pm

CDRs are more difficult to read than normal pressed CDs, so yes, it's not unusual for load times to be longer. On top of that, different CDRs can have different results.

3DDodo
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DDodo » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:05 pm

Running them on a fz-1.

Aslong as thats fairly normal...id hate to think my 3do is failing after all this time together.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:11 pm

Lemmi wrote:
i remember some of my burned items taking alittle bit longer to boot up than the normal game, the slower burn speed is just to make sure there are no errors when buring, the faster you burn it the more possiblities for errors
The slower it is burned the more easily the disc is able to be read. I could only imagine that is true because the laser is in each spot for longer... ?

If you burn a title with lots of video at high speed, chances are the video is gonna stutter alot. Some games are next to impossible to boot when burned at higher speeds.

At least this is just some stuff I have learned over the years.

--------------------------------------------------

FZ1 - Think of it like a tank. Looks like a tank, but it is built like one too. It usualy is the system of choice when booting CDR, but they all will boot them.

and on the note of padding a disc with a dummy file like the DC copies... no. This can't be done with 3do discs. Quite a few of 3do games are full disc images but compress alot. I find they are already filled with filler sometimes. I assume this is due to the scheme used in the encryption.

Ok. I feel like im rambling and i dont remember why im even talking lol. stupid lack of sleep...

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:16 pm

BryWI wrote:and on the note of padding a disc with a dummy file like the DC copies... no. This can't be done with 3do discs. Quite a few of 3do games are full disc images but compress alot. I find they are already filled with filler sometimes. I assume this is due to the scheme used in the encryption.
It's probably due to the Opera FS. It's designed to have the files duplicated several times across the disc to lower the chances of a scratch causing problems, and to lower seek times.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:11 pm

alot of the times the discs are full of "iamaduck" over and over again too. Someone posted this info about it once... but i seem to have lost the info. :(