Where are the new members?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Where are the new members?

Post by Trev » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:34 pm

I am wondering how come more of the cd-i forum members have not also joined this new forum. Perhaps they could be cross promoted? Also, where has Bas been (hopefully recruiting more people :wink: )

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:27 am

I'm new here, just not from the CD-i forums. HJopefully I'll get you some traffic.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:14 pm

Welcome T2K! Glad to have you here. Oh, and while I can't speak for the other members, I am a jag fan. :) In fact, I just picked up the cd add-on, and have been having fun playing w/the vitrual light machine (much better than the one in my Toshiba Nuon player) Keep me posted on any of your projects, I'd love to support them.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:24 pm

Trev wrote:Welcome T2K! Glad to have you here. Oh, and while I can't speak for the other members, I am a jag fan. :) In fact, I just picked up the cd add-on, and have been having fun playing w/the vitrual light machine (much better than the one in my Toshiba Nuon player) Keep me posted on any of your projects, I'd love to support them.
Well, we are working on a side scrolling shooter called Metro Blaster and a Pong Like game called YB Gong. I will see where this takes us. No matter what happens, Metro Blaster will be exclusive to the Jaguar CD system, as for Gong, who knows? :lol: I used to work in a videogame store in North hollywood called Game Dude, I am sure that most of you have heard of it. I was always trying to sell people on the Jaguar and the 3DO systems. The biggest complaint I always got was the price of the 3DO of course, and the fact that the Jaguar was actually only a 16 bit system, again, a huge misconception. I love both systems and want so badly to see the 3DO get the same love the Jaguar does in the homebrew department, just waiting to see what happens is all.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:07 am

Ataryians are everywhere. [Shudder]

3DO kid.

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: Where are the new members?

Post by Devin » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:58 am

Trev wrote:I am wondering how come more of the cd-i forum members have not also joined this new forum.
Probably because most aren't into 3DO?

Anyway, I'm getting my hands dirty for a little surprise that should give this forum a little boast in members!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:13 am

Ah, the suspense...can't wait! :D

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:43 am

3DOKid wrote:Ataryians are everywhere. [Shudder]

3DO kid.
Atarians? Nothing wrong with Atari! Still love the 3DO as well man. I have space on my shelves for both systems! My 3DO needs more new love though as new games would be sweet!

Bas
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Bas » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:55 pm

Trev wrote:I am wondering how come more of the cd-i forum members have not also joined this new forum. Perhaps they could be cross promoted? Also, where has Bas been (hopefully recruiting more people :wink: )
OK, I admit sometimes a few posts slip through my eyes ;) Most free time I spend here goes to Interactive Dreams and CD-i, (=scarce!)

I think people visit the CD-i forum because they like CD-i. A lot of them have a very specific interest, or a history with the system. Same counts for 3DO, and for me it has been added to the list of 'wannabees' only recently!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:02 pm

Bas wrote:
Trev wrote:I am wondering how come more of the cd-i forum members have not also joined this new forum. Perhaps they could be cross promoted? Also, where has Bas been (hopefully recruiting more people :wink: )
OK, I admit sometimes a few posts slip through my eyes ;) Most free time I spend here goes to Interactive Dreams and CD-i, (=scarce!)

I think people visit the CD-i forum because they like CD-i. A lot of them have a very specific interest, or a history with the system. Same counts for 3DO, and for me it has been added to the list of 'wannabees' only recently!
Rejoice brethren - a convert.

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:20 am

You know sometimes, there is nothig more fun though than using an old Atari controler on your 3DO (get the Genesis adapter, its worth it!). Gives a nostalgic, and arcade feel at the same time. LOL.

Drax

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:19 pm

Gir Draxa wrote:
You know sometimes, there is nothig more fun though than using an old Atari controler on your 3DO (get the Genesis adapter, its worth it!). Gives a nostalgic, and arcade feel at the same time. LOL.

Drax
I wouldn't mind a PSX-->3DO converter. There is a homebrew set of instructions on the web but sadly it's in Russian. I also remember a commercial one being available that sometimes crops up on eBay.

I'm still waiting for this to turn up however.

:)

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:41 pm

i hope that thing is alot better then the ROCK3 joystick

let us know how the joystick feels on it
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:48 pm

Lemmi wrote:i hope that thing is alot better then the ROCK3 joystick

let us know how the joystick feels on it
It looks suspiciously like the Asciiware one for the PSX.

ignoring a few cosmetic differences. Let us just say my hopes are being kept to a minimum. :wink:

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:08 am

3DOKid wrote:I wouldn't mind a PSX-->3DO converter. There is a homebrew set of instructions on the web but sadly it's in Russian. I also remember a commercial one being available that sometimes crops up on eBay.
There's one here for $15:

http://www.tototek.com/pio/main1/index_b.php (about half way down the page)

Or details: http://www.tototek.com/pio/main1/SUBMEN ... verter.htm

I have no idea how reputable they are, though. I've never ordered from them.

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:17 am

Tototek is very reliable. However, his design has a fault. I mentioned it on freedo.org a while back.

It doesn't really support analog, it just copies the D-pad to the analog sticks. Aparently he was unaware of the analog option of the 3DO (at least according to his post on his webboard.) Sad really, as the PSX had a lot of steering wheels and odd controlers.

If you're just wanting to use your favorite PSX controler, sans true analog, it does work well.

Drax

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:15 pm

To be honest analogue drives me nuts. I'm better at refined tapping, than actually holding a place - if you follow my drift.