A few things...

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

A few things...

Post by UnholyTancred » Wed May 07, 2008 12:12 am

I finally got a hold of 5 long boxed 3DO games. 14 CD only games came with my 3DO when I bought it on eBay 2 years ago and all the games I played were downloaded and burned ones. I never had the money to start collecting. Recently, I got my college financial aid check so you know what that means... free money!

I must say these long boxes are absolutely gorgeous. Words cannot describe how beautiful these things are. My copy of Stellar 7 is still sealed (I wouldn't be surprised if it was resealed).

I played Shockwave for the first time and I was blown away. This game is damn fun. If Total Eclipse had FMVs, I probably would have enjoyed that game.

And finally, I just got Road Rash for the Saturn. Holy shit what an inferior port. The superior aspect is the better framerate, but that's it. It's in lower resolution, music during the races is even worse than the 3DO original, drab colors in the menus, and the sound effects... wow they are so bad. They added minor things like footsteps and grunts which are okay but the police siren??? It sounds ridiculous.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Wed May 07, 2008 5:33 am

And finally, I just got Road Rash for the Saturn. Holy shit what an inferior port. The superior aspect is the better framerate, but that's it. It's in lower resolution, music during the races is even worse than the 3DO original, drab colors in the menus, and the sound effects... wow they are so bad. They added minor things like footsteps and grunts which are okay but the police siren??? It sounds ridiculous.

Wait... the 3do Road Rash is supposed to have music on the 3do??!! Is this some kind of joke lol. I have Goldstar unit and never heard music during races in RR or NFS... if you were just being coy then disregard :lol:

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed May 07, 2008 5:43 am

Shockwave was badly kicked by the press at the time and let down by sloppy ports, but if you liked Shockwave, you will love Shockwave 2.

klogg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by klogg » Wed May 07, 2008 6:00 am

bonefish wrote: Wait... the 3do Road Rash is supposed to have music on the 3do??
Well, yes. But for some reason, RR during-race (crappy) songs can only be heard in Panasonic FZ-1, my FZ-10 doesn't play them.
3DO Brazil website (in portuguese): http://www.3dobrasil.com.br

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Wed May 07, 2008 6:35 am

klogg wrote:
bonefish wrote: Wait... the 3do Road Rash is supposed to have music on the 3do??
Well, yes. But for some reason, RR during-race (crappy) songs can only be heard in Panasonic FZ-1, my FZ-10 doesn't play them.
Well, add that to the list of negatives for having a Goldstar 3do!

3DDodo
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DDodo » Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm

i get race music on my fz1.

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Wed May 07, 2008 4:46 pm

3DOKid wrote:Shockwave was badly kicked by the press at the time and let down by sloppy ports, but if you liked Shockwave, you will love Shockwave 2.
That was one of the long boxed games I also got. After I finish Shockwave I'll be sure to play the sequel. Although I don't know how I'll be able to finish it. I'm up to the 3rd level and I get raped instantly at the beginning. There's a huge swarm of enemies.

As for the FZ-1 playing the music and the other models not... all I can say is WOW! Haha. But you folks aren't missing much. It's really shitty sounding and the motorcycle engine is 3 times louder than the music.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri May 09, 2008 11:28 pm

Wait... the 3do Road Rash is supposed to have music on the 3do??!! Is this some kind of joke lol. I have Goldstar unit and never heard music during races in RR or NFS... if you were just being coy then disregard
I remember reading that some pal players had trouble w/Road Rash in-game music. Myself, both my Goldstar player & fz-1 played the music fine (if only it had been the actual licenced tracks like the inferior sega cd port :( )
And finally, I just got Road Rash for the Saturn. Holy shit what an inferior port.
Never played the Saturn version, but if it is anything like EA's NFS port, I am not shocked.

grand_barbare
3DO ZERO USER

Post by grand_barbare » Sat May 10, 2008 6:29 am

are there the two video clips on the road rash saturn version? (paw & swervedriver).
on the playstation version there is only paw!
i prefer the 3do version of course, playstation graphics are not so good.

DrKilljoy
3DO ZERO USER

Post by DrKilljoy » Wed May 14, 2008 6:34 am

klogg wrote:Well, yes. But for some reason, RR during-race (crappy) songs can only be heard in Panasonic FZ-1, my FZ-10 doesn't play them.
That's funny. My FZ-10 seems to play the in-race music just fine. However, as UnholyTancred said, you're not missing much and the engine noise is substantially louder than the music.

One thing to note: For those of you who couldn't get race music on your machines, did you check to make sure the Race Music was turned on under the options menu (called "Restroom" in the game)?

klogg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by klogg » Sat May 17, 2008 10:39 pm

DrKilljoy wrote:
klogg wrote:Well, yes. But for some reason, RR during-race (crappy) songs can only be heard in Panasonic FZ-1, my FZ-10 doesn't play them.
That's funny. My FZ-10 seems to play the in-race music just fine. However, as UnholyTancred said, you're not missing much and the engine noise is substantially louder than the music.

One thing to note: For those of you who couldn't get race music on your machines, did you check to make sure the Race Music was turned on under the options menu (called "Restroom" in the game)?
I have a FZ-1 too, and couldn't agree more about the crappy songs played during the races.
3DO Brazil website (in portuguese): http://www.3dobrasil.com.br