No
80%

Total votes: 5

matt163201
3DO ZERO USER

FIRST POST but meaningful, so look

Post by matt163201 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:15 pm

Alright Ill get down to brass tacks here

Long time lurker to the forums, which I think has seen to be getting more activity, which is good and one reason I decided to finally join, also a member at Nintendoage

But the main reason is this, I know alot of you guys are hardcore about collecting BUT I see it as why not take advantage of the fact there is no lockout region nor copyright protection on the system. So in my infinite time on the interweb, I came across a site that has ALL the 3do games, memory handlers, game guru, and sample cd discs all for download! Which highly motivated me to pick up a 3do from craigs since I would only have to pay for hardware (FZ1 clearly my choice) and not software. Where you might ask was this site, hey many of you might know it but I have yet seen it mentioned on this site so I figured I would let the people know who dont want to spend alot of money but still want the games. And yes these games are PROPER as in they have been properly dumped with no errors, which one word can describe......awesome

So heres the site

http://bit torrent.com

Yes I know you have to be a member but you can join in a day or two im sure but believe me its well worth it, also they have games for ALL other systems too, and I mean ALL systems (CDI, sega cd, everything!)

O and Hi Im Matt

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:43 pm

One of the guys here 'invited' me to this forum a while back. It was useful at the time. I used to use edgeemu too but he's gone. And the old alt.binaries.3do had it's moments a few years back.

These days the stuff I want is not available anywhere. :D

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:11 pm

I've been a member for years. Great site. But they do not have ALL the 3DO games.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:15 pm

In the majority of cases, I'd rather just spend the money and own the original. I like having the packaging, booklets, and any extras that might have come w/the retail version of a game. This is especially true w/3DO games. There are other reasons to that I won't get into here. But since I don't deviate from this rule too often, the site is not all that helpful to me.

By the way, welcome to the forum. 8)

matt163201
3DO ZERO USER

Post by matt163201 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:42 pm

like I said, for the majority of collectors this probably wont be for you but for the casual person who wants to enjoy the ames and not really spend a whole lot on the 3do experience, its great.....also the fact that they have all those extra discs too

You say that they dont have all the 3do games but the TOSEC lists says that its 100% complete as in true games, not sample cds or game gurus....what may I ask is missing, im just curious?

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:48 pm

I dunno, this forum, in fairness, represents the fountain of 3DO knowledge. And I don't think anyone of us have ever seen anything that resembles a complete and accurate list of 3DO games. Anywhere.

Maybe for US/EU games but not one including Japan/Korean games. 'cos if it was, I would be downloading 'Battle Blues' as we type...

It's a nice list of games. And sure, for anyone looking to fill in some easy gaps it's ideal, but sorry, it isn't 100%

matt163201
3DO ZERO USER

Post by matt163201 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:00 pm

Maybe you already know this but what about the list here (TOSEC)

http://www.romshepherd.com/dats.php?toseciso

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:20 pm

at a cursory glance, looking for the ones I know it'll be missing, it's missing "Battle Blues" and "Firewall". Firewall is reasonably common too. It's also missing that Alfred Hitchcock one made with Toyota (don't ask ;) )

What was released in EU/US land is well documented, things become a bit of quagmire in the Asian releases. I've never seen an accurate list of Japanese/Korean games - ever. I'd love to have one, just so I know what I'm looking for! :)

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:41 pm

matt163201 wrote:like I said, for the majority of collectors this probably wont be for you but for the casual person who wants to enjoy the ames and not really spend a whole lot on the 3do experience, its great.....also the fact that they have all those extra discs too

You say that they dont have all the 3do games but the TOSEC lists says that its 100% complete as in true games, not sample cds or game gurus....what may I ask is missing, im just curious?
Games are missing. What they uploaded is infact the full TOSEC set but that does not mean the TOSEC set is the full 3DO library.

I've had a request for Eye Of Typhoon up since May 29th, 2007.

And like others on the forum, I am a collector and I enjoy buying and owning the original game complete with the box and manual. The games that I can't afford or can't find are the ones I pirate.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

matt163201
3DO ZERO USER

Post by matt163201 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:14 pm

Can someone link me to a list of complete US/NTSC set of 3do games?
Thanks

Beef Supreme
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Beef Supreme » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:45 pm

there's like no one seeding any of them

matt163201
3DO ZERO USER

Post by matt163201 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:49 pm

Theres people seeding the TOSEC one

But I was interested in just a list......do any of you have a link to just a list of US/NTSC games

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:14 pm

matt163201 wrote:Theres people seeding the TOSEC one

But I was interested in just a list......do any of you have a link to just a list of US/NTSC games
here is the list

http://www.3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/view ... =3do++list

i had all the US released games, untill i sold Dino Park this year
180 total if you include the repackaged ones in the Maniac pack, Action pak and Gunslingers collection, i count those as 1 games each
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:00 pm

This is pretty darn good too:

http://doperoms.com/roms/3do/ALL/100.html

matt163201
3DO ZERO USER

Post by matt163201 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:49 pm

Thanks guys, thats what I needed :)

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:31 pm

Matt, what does 163201 stand for?

matt163201
3DO ZERO USER

Post by matt163201 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:14 pm

Well I could say that it stands for all the girls I was with but we all know this cant be true since taking into account my age I would have to be naked all most of the day and why would I commit to a number if its ever changing

The real answer is that while in elementary school, which was a while back (ahh the years, how they pass) we had student pin numbers for checking out books from the library (Book It rocked my world), every time we got lunch from the cafeteria (square pizzas, anyone knows who makes there PM me asap), and anything else school related. So when I signed up with my first ISP my email address was my first name and that pin since it was engraved in my head forever.

So really the number......it means nothing

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:47 pm

oh man, those square pizzas... I used to get the burnt slices and then I started putting Italian dressing on them. Sounds gross, I know, but it tastes good. I know someone who might be able to find out who makes them. I'll PM you if I find out.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"