Worst 5 games

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:44 pm

Had both on the cd32 and even though I knew they were bad still bought them on the 3do hoping for some improvement in the port. :oops:
ROTR and microcosm were just so unplayable all show and no go - did enjoy burning soldier though.
You may not be able to polish aturd but you can still roll it in glitter :wink: :lol: :lol:
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:17 pm

Microcosm & ROTR were not good to be sure ... but not enough to put them in the worst 5 for me. ROTR has slick cinemas & great music for the shallow among us, and micrcosm has ....

Ah ... It has a cool opening movie! Also paved the way for Novastorm, another in the long line of 3DO games that gets better as it goes.

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:13 pm

mattyg wrote:I actually like some fmv games and was sorry it died completely as a genre. The 3do saw the best (snowjob , psychic detective) and the worst (plumbers , nighttrap) but it also proved it could be used effectivly in other games (shockwave , NFS , Wing III) to enhance. No offence to you Nikex but I get upset they get tarred with the same brush as the 3do also gets tarred with the same brush from countless magazines , reviews etc
I'm with you on the others though!
You're right, but I think Shockwave is less a FMV shooter than WCIII, which also is not a typical FMV game, I think. A typical FMV Shooter would be Galaxian III. Which also was bad, as a fullprice title. With other 3DO FMV games I meant Full Justice and other titles. Hm, Snowjob. It's about time to get this very rare one.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:43 pm

Hm, Snowjob. It's about time to get this very rare one.
Snow Job is a good game. One of these days I will finally get around to finishing it.

I think FMV games are easy choices as worst ever, but most of 3DO's example of the genere hold up pretty good. 3DO was actually the best system for fmv I think.

Mad Dog I is the only fmv game I have listed in my top 5 (unless you count Plumber's which is all static pictures)

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:02 am

I don't care what anyone says. Night Trap is one of the greatest games ever made. Get yourself some beers, call some buddies over, get piss drunk, and take turns playing Night Trap.

Ah, the fun never ends.

Sewer Shark is also damn fun but I only played the Sega CD version.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:27 am

Sewer Shark is also damn fun but I only played the Sega CD version.
If you liked this game for Sega cd, you really should pick up the 3DO port. The quality of the fmv is so much higher, not to mention larger screen. Sharper audio too.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:56 am

For some reason when i play the 3do version of sewer shark, i miss the nostalgia of the sega cd music. It wasn't even cd music, nor was it good tunes. I still somehow miss it.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:08 pm

Hmmm .... I thought the 3DO tunes were clearer than the Sega cd ones. Other than that weren't they the same?

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:41 pm

not that I remember. I might have to see if i still have a copy of scd sewer shark around.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:59 am

Actually, I think I have a copy of Sega cd Sewer Shark come to think of it. If I can find it, I'll compare the two.