Gaming stuff you have bought recently.

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:58 pm

To be fair, when the 3DO was born, Gamefaqs was in it's infancy too, and many of the 3DO FAQs on there are pretty good.

Do the books exceed the gamefaqs stuff, or is it gamefaqs with pictures?

Oh, and, using a walkthrough is cheating (who is with me?) it's just less cheating than using an invicibilty cheat. The puzzles are there for a reason you know.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:12 pm

The books are very unique and worth owning. (I'd buy them just to see the funny captions they wrote under the pics) Seriously, the guys who wrote them (forgot their names) really liked the 3DO, and it showed. The interviews are cool too, and they even have a coming soon section in book 2 w/M2 info, as well as blurbs & pics of 3DO games that ended up getting canned.
Oh, and, using a walkthrough is cheating (who is with me?) it's just less cheating than using an invicibilty cheat. The puzzles are there for a reason you know.
For a game like Myst a walkthrough would be cheating. For a game like an rpg or an action title not so much. So, I guess I'm only 1/2 with you.

nocturne
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nocturne » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:11 am

I've been getting some strange stuff @ the local thrift store, A book of Cheats, codes and secrets for the Genesis/megadrive & gamegear. Non game related, a 20g Creative mp3 player for $5, maybe it plays tetris :)

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:56 am

I don't consider using a walkthrough cheating. Most of the times I don't use one. The few times I do it's usually for the side quests in RPGs. Or like right now, mission 8 Starlancer. I've been retrying this for the past hour at least.

Fucking torpedoes.

I shat bricks when I got passed that level on the Dreamcast version. The DC version didn't let you automatically target torpedoes so that mission was HELL. This time around with my PC flightstick and all these keyboard buttons, taking out the torpedoes is a cinch but some invisible bomber comes out in 2 minutes and blows everything to smithereens.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:07 am

Trev wrote:The books are very unique and worth owning. (I'd buy them just to see the funny captions they wrote under the pics) Seriously, the guys who wrote them (forgot their names) really liked the 3DO, and it showed. The interviews are cool too, and they even have a coming soon section in book 2 w/M2 info, as well as blurbs & pics of 3DO games that ended up getting canned.
For a game like Myst a walkthrough would be cheating. For a game like an rpg or an action title not so much. So, I guess I'm only 1/2 with you.
I actually agree with Trev and Unholy on the RPG walk through thing, because, yeah, you're right, I remember beating FFVIII and having a nagging doubt that I'd actually missed half the game. The same with Onimusha 2, you could give presents and combine objects and stuff, I just couldn't be bothered to sit down and work it out, I beat the game but didn't see everything. I still feel that looking at a walk through for say Tomb Raider, is cheating.

Beef Supreme
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Beef Supreme » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:44 pm

got my new fz-1 in the mail today , i don't think this dude has ever mailed anything in his life , it showed up in a clothes box like you'd get from jc penny and have gift wrapped (and it actually was gift wrapped with inside out happy birthday soccer wrapping paper) , the box was actually bowed out from the 3do , there was no packing except one piece of crumpled up newspaper and one air filled bag , the post office must have been playing soccer with it because the dealie that holds the cd down to the tray was all screwed up . i took the one out of my busted 3do and put it back together and it works great so i'm not that pissed , but why wouldn't you pack it safely ? the post office is not known for thier gentle handling . at least i can play my games the way they're supposed to be played now .

and i'm thinking about turning my busted 3do into a small pc with only freedo loaded on it , that would be kinda neat , especially if i put all my games on to a huge hard drive in iso form inside of the case so i don't even need to carry around my giant binder of 3do games .

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:48 pm

Slap him w/a negative! :twisted:

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:54 pm

Now, now, now, no need to get all uppity.

Simply do the following :P
1. Slap together your broken FZ-1.
2. Tell him the one he sent you was broken.
3. Ask for a refund if he refuses file a claim.
4. Buyers can't be left negative feedback due to new lovely eBay rules <3
5. ???????
6. PROFIT!!!!

;)
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:00 pm

4. Buyers can't be left negative feedback due to new lovely eBay rules <3
But sellers still can. Beef would be doing a service for other potential buyer's.

Beef Supreme
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Beef Supreme » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:38 pm

i didn't get it on ebay , i kept getting outbid so i found one on a distant craigslist for $30 . it works so i can't complain too much , but he had to know putting it in the puny box that it would have absolutely no protection .

nocturne
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nocturne » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:59 am

Going a bit off track here,,, But the broken segacd 2 i got recently to turn into a ps2 and ps1 is complete,,, But major problems,,, It wont read DVD's, I'll need a 2nd hand fat ps2, then it should be complete.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:10 am

i got a gameboy player for my gamecube
i only have one game and i cant play "play action football" anymore, it sucked on the NES and now the gameboy
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:57 pm

just picked up a copy of Cyberia for 3do for $9.95 AUS (about $9.95 US) our dollar is about the same!
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:13 pm

Cyberia is a good game, but tough! There is one section that I just can't get past ... let me know if you manage to beat it.

nocturne
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nocturne » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:27 am

Nice score on Cyberia, really good game imho. Just set aside some hours to get through it

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:06 am

Here is an old thread that briefly mentioned my struggles w/Cyberia...

http://www.3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/view ... beria+help

I look forward to any hints/tips that can be provided.

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:26 am

Just picked up on PC Colin McCrae DiRT for $45 , Neverwinter nights 2 $5 and Rise &Fall Civilisations $5 !!!!!!!!!! yes thats right a total of $55!! :) :)

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

nocturne
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nocturne » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:27 am

Excellent, bought a Fat ps2 V9 for $30, excellent laser so back to the sega cd 2 project

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:54 am

Was in my local hock shop and picked up black dreamcast for $79!! Also of interest to you nocturne he had a megadrive + mega cd II with packaging! However the cd is apparantly not working but he couldn't tell me exactly what was happening(maybe worth it for parts & packaging).He also had a few games for it!
I have also picked up for a total of $170 Maps of death , Ballz , Rise of the Robots , Novastorm , Life Stage , Scramble Cobra , a 3do mouse (all with packaging) VR stalker , Seal of the Pharoh , Syndicate , Strahl and Macaroni ! brings my collection to 71 titles plus samplers.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:27 am

I just got a Nintendo Wii a few days ago. Retail! I refuse to buy from scalpers. Spent all the money I had left after some binge online shopping though.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:26 am

best part about the wii is virtual console - they've just added the C64 titles to the list here in Australia - v nice. Maybe some 3do oneday?We can at least hope/dream

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:47 pm

that would be a wet dream. I know it was when I read they added the NEO-GEO. I own a NEO-GEO arcade machine but some of the games you have to wait a really long time to show up.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:00 pm

Picked up the SNK Arcade Collection for Wii, and it's great. None of the emulation problems other versions of the game had. $30 for 16 great Neo games? Can't beat it.

I got Space Invaders Extreme for DS, too. It's a great update and only $20! It even includes online play.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:13 pm

i got a GBA SP about 2 weeks ago with 12 games (8 boxed) - 2 carrying cases, one long black leather version, and one small grey one, and a link cable
for $30 shipped

i havent played many of the other games except for super mario world. i loved that game on the SNES. its alittle harder to play using the GBA tho, but i can take it with me into the crapper now .. lol (just kidding)

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by Devin » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:04 pm

Loco Roco for the PSP at only £3.70! Gotta love this game with those little guys singing it's adorable :D

Next on my list is Patapon, needs to be below a fiver before I'd consider a purchase however.

nocturne
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nocturne » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:20 am

Nothing too exciting. Got Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks for the PS2 which i'm actually really enjoying, huge amount of hidden Kontent :)

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:07 am

a Boxed complete Plumbers dont wear Ties game
the box looks like it was never opened

other stuff ive gotten recently
MotherBoard: $40 shipped
- ABIT AN8 32X SLI Motherboard

CPU: came with the motherboard
- AMD 64 4800+ (2.5GHz)

Videocard: $40 shipped
- PNY VCG85512GXPB GeForce 8500 GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported

Hard Drive: $20 shipped
- Western Digital 80gig
all i need is some RAM and i can put the stuff into my old case and finally have 2 computers that can run winxp

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:49 am

What RAM do you need? I have :

2 x 256mb 2700DDR
2 x 256mb 2100DDR
2 x 256mb 3200DDR

If you want them, they are yours. I'll ship 'em tomorrow. If not, never mind :)

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:53 am

I have recently not sold my Atari STe. It was up on eBay, and before the auction ended, I got into a debate with the lead bidder over shipping costs. He really got-my-goat.

Shipping, he could not grasp, was more than just postage. There is packing and padding to think about. I mean, he wanted to pay £16, and I was charging £18.50, which included a brand new packing box. And I couldn't get that through his thick skull.

So anyway. I ended the auction and I'm keeping it.

I still have my 1040 STE Atari. With 4Mb RAM. I just ordered an 20Mb Megafile to go with it!

:) :) :)

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:03 pm

:D