Good console mods, not chips

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

nocturne
3DO ZERO USER

Good console mods, not chips

Post by nocturne » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:18 am

Heres some mods i really recommend

N64 RGB mod. If you own an NTSC N64 and have a nice new plasma/lcd Tv, then this ones really worth it and really easy. Just done this one myself and it's like a new console. check out gamesx.com, thers a good guide there

Sega Saturn 50/60 and region mod. This can be done on any SS and really worth while. The Hz mod is a simple solder and the region one just a fraction trickier. The benefit from this is full screen for PAL owner's and any region for non action replay owners. It helps for games that need the 4mb ram cart as well, as you don't need to hot swap carts. Emucamp has a really good guide on this one

I mention these 2 mainly because they're my most recent, But heres some more basic ones

PS2, ps1 exploit trick, really easy and worth while if you want to ad a usb HDD for emulation or media purposes,,, or play backups

Sega master system, 50/60hz mod. Takes 2 wires, perfect for pal gamers who want full screen

Xbox, softmod or bios mod. This machine is perfect for emu's

Any other mods people want to share? I think the 3DO is unmodable

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:32 am

any console with RF only output needs to be modded to A/V or Svideo
atari 2600/7800
colecovision
mostly the classic systems

i dont own any modded systems, but i want my atari 7800 AV modded

oh here is a RGB mod for the 3do
http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=1964
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:25 pm

I never modded anything except my PSP. I added a HD to my PS2, but that was with Sony stuff, so it doesn't count, but my Sega, MS and Nintendo are all factory fresh really. Well, obviously the 360 has lost it's "Invalid if removed" sticker...

The option to put the hacked firmware on my 360 was staring me in the face last night and I still didn't.

nocturne
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nocturne » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:27 am

Do the 360 thing, it's really worth it, & they've come down in cost in case you do something really wrong.

What are peoples experience with the ps2 hdloader thing? I only have an external usb HD hooked up with USB advance which is as slow as hell. And this PS2 is going into a sega cd case anyway. But i'd like to hear peoples opinions on an internal HD.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:03 pm

HDadvanced with WinHiip is pretty cool actually. I use it for Japanese games, if you convert th Game DVD to an ISO, then install it on the PS2 HD, region protection scampers out of the window.