Unreleased 3DO games known to exist

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Unreleased 3DO games known to exist

Post by bitrate » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:19 pm

With the interested in unreleased 3DO games, I thought I would start a thread dedicated to unreleased games that are KNOWN to exist.

Sure, there are MANY games like NHL Hockey '96, Isis, Waterworld, Star Trek TNG, etc., etc., that are assumed to exist in some form of completion (and more than likely do), but I would like to limit this thread to games that are known unequivocally to exist (someone has seen a build of the title or has played it or has pictures, etc.) such as the recent releases Powerslide and Ice Breaker II.

To start the thread I'm going to add a few games from my collection that people may not know about:

Pictured above are:
(1) C-Runner (2 builds)
(2) Varuna's Forces
(3) BIOS Fear
(4) Theo the Dinosaur
(5) Escape From Planet Klamtrop

The list so far:

1. Save Yourself
2. Powerslide
3. Footie
4. Onside Soccer
5. Ice Breaker II
6. Decathlon
7. BIOS Fear
8. Escape From Planet Klamtrop
9. C-Runner
10. Varuna's Forces
11. Theo the Dinosaur
12. Golden Gate
13. Orbatak

===============================================

C-Runner (click image for link to larger resolution)

Alpine track:

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

City track:

ImageImageImageImage

Escape From Planet Klamtrops (click image for link to larger resolution)

YouTube Video Link

Varuna's Forces (click image for link to larger resolution)

YouTube Video Link

Last edited by bitrate on Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:16 am, edited 6 times in total.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:10 pm

You do realise you will now be bombarded with at least a Jig-a-billion emails asking for copies? I mean, I run a blog that is populated with games any patient person can get from eBay, and I get 4 emails a week asking for copies, you however...

Let's put this way: Question: How do you keep flies out of the kitchen? Answer: A big pile of horse pooh in the lounge.

You see what I'm saying?

I'm not going to get anymore emails...! (Yahoooooo!)

Good luck!

3DOkid.

(PS: I'm not deleting it ;) )

(PPS: I'm going to bombard you with requests for screen grabs and videos'... count this as one!)

tinman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by tinman » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:38 am

From the very limited time I'm been reading/member of this forum you quickly get the impression of peoples dedication to this console and bitrate's seem exceptional. :shock:

But I must question the intent of this current topic, as whether it is a purely innocent informative exercise in which case; thats great, or whether it's a vehicle for bragging rights and if so then its cruel to us mere salivating mortals, who don't have and never will have access to this material. :?

I agree with 'Kid, you are opening yourself (and others if they contribute) to a whole deluge of "online friends" that will request/want/demand copies and to denign access, may only result in negative opinions and jealousy.

Hell, I'm jealous, I'll admit it now. Not that I'd be able to play these games if I had 'em on my regulation Panasonic FZ1, for as I understand it I need one of the 3do's with the jazzy "decryption switches!!??" at the back or somethink! Apologies if I've insullted the more hardcore members with my lack of knowledge when it comes to these things. Anyway good luck with your thread....:mrgreen:

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:19 am

so does this mean you'll help me build a list like I mentioned in topic 910? We could split it between Known Unreleases and Rumored Unreleases.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:56 am

As long as the reviews have a youtube clip with them, I'll be good :D

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:44 am

3DO Experience wrote:so does this mean you'll help me build a list like I mentioned in topic 910? We could split it between Known Unreleases and Rumored Unreleases.

Absolutely, it was your post that got me thinking about doing this thread.

bonefish wrote:As long as the reviews have a youtube clip with them, I'll be good

Not a problem. :wink: As would be expected, some of these games are more playable than others. Varunas's Forces, for example, has one very incomplete level but tons of FMV intro and story. The characters that you select (of which you need to gather 4) each have their own video's meant to depict the strengths and weaknesses of choosing that character, etc.
On the other side of the coin, C-Runner, a car racing simulation game, does not have any intro or FMV but has almost a complete car racing game instead.
Luckily, Varuna's Forces is really the only game that is mostly incomplete.

3DOKid wrote:I'm not going to get anymore emails...! (Yahoooooo!)

I wouldn't count on it. :D

3DOKid wrote:(PPS: I'm going to bombard you with requests for screen grabs and videos'... count this as one!)

No problem. :wink: They will be coming soon. I think I'll start with C-Runner as a lot of people around here seem to like car racing sims.

tinman wrote:But I must question the intent of this current topic, as whether it is a purely innocent informative exercise in which case; thats great, or whether it's a vehicle for bragging rights

Yeah, mostly for bragging rights.

klogg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by klogg » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:35 pm

WOW!

Bitrate, can you please post just ONE screenshot from BiosFear?
I aways wanted to see this game, and never had the chance.
Last edited by klogg on Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
3DO Brazil website (in portuguese): http://www.3dobrasil.com.br

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:32 pm

Bitrate, do you wanna build the list right here or thru PMing? I don't see why we can't just post back and forth updating as we go. I still wanna PM you on another topic but that can wait. I wanna finish a project before doing a second wave. Kid knows what I'm talking about but I'll prob be done before the end of the month, depending on how distracted I get.

tinman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by tinman » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:29 pm

Yeah, mostly for bragging rights.
If that ain't sarcasm, then at least your honest! :)

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:38 am

:shock: :shock: I am soooo jealous!! Please inform us when the shots-videos made,cant wait...

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:17 pm

bitrate, If you are gonna add the orbatak arcade proto to the list, you might as well add the mad dog mcree 2 arcade prototype... And Yes I have seen it.

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:58 pm

BryWI wrote:mad dog mcree 2 arcade prototype... And Yes I have seen it.
...i have the mad dog 2 arcade set,so i think it was released!!

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:15 pm

BryWI wrote:bitrate, If you are gonna add the orbatak arcade proto to the list, you might as well add the mad dog mcree 2 arcade prototype... And Yes I have seen it.
those two are on my list (and I have them both)

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:55 am

I swear every time bitrate post new photos I feel like a 3DO newbie :oops: ... all these years thinking I knew so much, only to discover how little I actually did (what the heck is escape from Planet Klamtrop!?!)

Anyway, can I have a copy? :mrgreen:

Just kidding ... I think.

klogg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by klogg » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:17 pm

Trev wrote:I swear every time bitrate post new photos I feel like a 3DO newbie :oops:
Mee too :( :shock: :!:

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:18 pm

Me three.

It's sickening isn't it? I'm so jealous, it hurts.

I reckon Bitrate is Trip Hawkins, and I claim my £5 reward.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:55 pm

I have posted still capture's of C-Runner to the original post in this thread. Larger image resolutions can be seen by clicking on the desired image.
In-game video captures of the game will be uploaded to Youtube later today.
Enjoy :wink:

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:24 pm

I want to have your baby!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:17 am

Amazing! Thanks. It looks like the child of Autobahn Tokio. Thanks Bitrate!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:28 pm

Amazing! Thanks. It looks like the child of Autobahn Tokio. Thanks Bitrate!
Actually, it looks just like Autobahn. Those are the same tracks. Cars look mildly different, but not much It must have been due for release overseas and had a name change in the process.

klogg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by klogg » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:59 pm

Is Bitrate Trip Hawkins? This explains a lot 8)

(thanks for the pictures)

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:45 pm

klogg wrote:Is Bitrate Trip Hawkins? This explains a lot 8)

He is isn't he? Either that or he is R J Mical.

Let's examine the facts.

Firstly, he recieves boxes and boxes of international 3DO gaming stuff, that he initially shows little interest in. One might say "as if he had seen it all before!"

Secondly, he stumps up a bunch of 3DO games with titles no-one, but no-one had ever heard of before. Not even Gir Draxa I'd bet, and obviously Gir was on the inside.

I reckons anyways!

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:28 am

3DOKid wrote:Amazing! Thanks. It looks like the child of Autobahn Tokio. Thanks Bitrate!
Trev wrote:Actually, it looks just like Autobahn. Those are the same tracks. Cars look mildly different, but not much It must have been due for release overseas and had a name change in the process.

Actually, C-Runner was slated to be a follow up to Autobahn Tokio. It was supposed to have more tracks and vehicles and allow the player to upgrade said vehicles.

3DOKid wrote:
klogg wrote:
Is Bitrate Trip Hawkins? This explains a lot

He is isn't he? Either that or he is R J Mical.

Let's examine the facts.

Firstly, he recieves boxes and boxes of international 3DO gaming stuff, that he initially shows little interest in. One might say "as if he had seen it all before!"

Secondly, he stumps up a bunch of 3DO games with titles no-one, but no-one had ever heard of before. Not even Gir Draxa I'd bet, and obviously Gir was on the inside.

I reckons anyways!

You guys are too much with your conspiracies. :D

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:27 am

me too !! :oops:
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:56 am

It looks a touch better on the screens than Autobahn Tokio, how does it play?

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:41 pm

Autobahn Tokio really played like crap. I had high hopes for it but the frame rate was just too bad. NFS really seemed to set a example no one else tried to follow I guess.....

nocturne
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nocturne » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:21 am

It's great to see some proto's, It's amazing what surfaces for systems years after their life span.Does this C-runner have the amazingly huge Borders like Autobahn? On my pal 3do, playing Autobahn is a nightmare since it's squished in with more than inch thick black borders.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:08 am

3DOKid wrote:It looks a touch better on the screens than Autobahn Tokio, how does it play?

It plays fairly well considering it's supposed to be an upgrade to Autobahn Tokio. The one thing I don't like is the severe reduction in speed when colliding with an object (which you'll see when I finally get the video's up). The graphics do look better than the equivalent tracks on Autobahn Tokio and what little there is to see of the additional tracks looks promising.

Michael Helgeson wrote:Autobahn Tokio really played like crap. I had high hopes for it but the frame rate was just too bad. NFS really seemed to set a example no one else tried to follow I guess.....

I know what you mean. I really wish I had played Need For Speed last out of all of the racing games for the 3DO. NFS set the bar way too high.

nocturne wrote:Does this C-runner have the amazingly huge Borders like Autobahn? On my pal 3do, playing Autobahn is a nightmare since it's squished in with more than inch thick black borders.

There aren't any borders on C-Runner as it is an NTSC game running on an NTSC 3DO with an unencrypt BIOS.

I updated the first post in this thread with screen captures of the game Escape From Planet Klamtrops. Click on the images for higher resolution examples.

This game is a lot of fun and quite humorous as well. From the Star Wars themed (and most likely unlicensed music) in the introduction, to the James Brown grunts and groans (also more than likely unlicensed) during gameplay it had me laughing quite a bit. It also seems to be about 99% complete.

It is basically a pinball game where you pick a character that morphs into a pinball at the start of the game. There are a whole slew of options that you can manipulate such as mass, maximum velocity, friction, acceleration, etc. etc.
There are eight characters to choose from and each have their own personal physics characteristics. They each also have two distinct special abilities (with their own power bars) that can be used throughout a match.

I haven't tried it, but this game supports up to 4 players and I bet it would be a lot of fun.

The main point is bascially to try to force your opponents into the hole in the center of the board by bouncing them into it or using your special abilities or even using the obstacles/objects on each of the boards.
You have to exercise a little care though, as you can be knocked off the sides of the boards or even into the hole if you get a little too crazy.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:21 am

WOW. Another exclusive. I really appreciate it.

It says Gray Matter, which was the name of the developer who did "King Pin: Life of crime." but this isn't them. It's a different Gray Matter.

How did they get so close to completion, and not have the game released?

I guess perhaps that at some stage, they realised that by spending money on packaging, PR, marketing and distribution, they were simply throwing good money after bad...

Shame though.

There is something familiar about: "Escape From Planet Klamtrops" but google it, and it draws a blank. I have a nagging feeling that the concept didn't die, but become something else... can't think what mind you...

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:33 am

Very very nice!! Thanks for sharing...How does grays play?