Trip'd Is AWESOME!!!

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

The_Legend
3DO ZERO USER

Trip'd Is AWESOME!!!

Post by The_Legend » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:53 am

Some time ago I tested out some 3DO games and came across Trip'd. I was wondering what the heck it was. I put the game in and played.

Wow! It was awesome! I got really far then quit. I figured it'd save but it didn't. Don't know if Trip'd saves.

I play it again tonight, excpet vs. CPU. Man, I stink! I was playing the easiest opponent and barely won 10 - 9!

Got alot more practice to put in, but I've got to say Trip'd is a great game! I'm guessing it's under rated considering I don't really see much talk of it, but it's a unique puzzle game and I think everyone who owns a 3DO should have this game!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:06 am

If you like Trip 'D then you will like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bonogurashi-Japan ... 286.c0.m14

It's in Japanese, but it plays brilliantly.

The_Legend
3DO ZERO USER

Post by The_Legend » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:19 am

I'll be honest that I'm not really much of a puzzle guy. There are a few I"ll play and that's it.

If I had some money I'd get some 3DO games but alas...can't afford anything until maybe October or later! YIKES!

jesus 666
3DO ZERO USER

Post by jesus 666 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:54 pm

Trip'd is a really great game, I've been playing a lot of puyo puyo recently too and I think that Trip'd is probably a better multiplayer game! when you start to lose in puyo it really snow balls and you're basically screwed, this doesn't happen in Trip'd, if you buckle down you can still come back from near death.
Juffo-Wup is the hot light in the darkness

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:48 am

Wow! It was awesome! I got really far then quit. I figured it'd save but it didn't. Don't know if Trip'd saves.
Trip'd is far too easy to need a save function I think. (The main game I mean, not the cpu battles)

Short Warp had some Trip'd variations. My question to 3DO Kid though (or anyone else who owns it) does that game not allow full access on an NTSC machine? I can only play about 1/2 the modes (the others cause the machine to reset ... similar to 'Nice Body') Still cool to see the D2 demo on it though.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:45 am

It's funny. My initial sessions with Trip'd left me rather unimpressed with both the 1-player and 1-player Vs. CPU modes. Yet the other day I felt an incredible urge for a quick pick-up-and-play, no progress game (which is very odd since I tend to play beginning-middle-end games almost exclusively), and Trip'd is the only 3DO game I have which fits that bill. And since the 3DO is what I had hooked up to my TV, that's what I popped in.

Since then, I've become almost addicted to the 1-player Vs. CPU mode. I've discovered some better strategies for playing the game against an opponent, so I've been able to win a majority of matches against the level 3 CPU, and this mode has become much less frustrating in general. It makes a great light break from playing Star Control II.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:16 pm

I think it would be really fun to play this in two player mode against someone that knows how to really play the game. The big blocks/aliens that you form have different attributes depending on their color, and that could potentially make or break a versus match. They don't seem to be of all that much help in the single player mode though (standard game, not vs. CPU).

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:41 pm

I'm starting to think the difficulty rankings on 1 player vs. CPU aren't quite right... A few days ago I tried a four star opponent for the first time, and wiped the floor with him, winning four out of four matches. The next time I played, I tried a five star opponent and won four out of five matches. Interestingly, the speed of the game is faster on the five star opponent, but they seem to have compensated for this with a weaker AI; glancing over, I couldn't believe how few superaliens this guy was forming. And a decent percentage of the ones he was forming were green! :shock:

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:32 pm

ANOTHER POSITIVE VOTE HERE...
for Trip'd. had this one since I first owned my 3DO and I've always had a real soft-spot for it, and as a general rule, I don't particularly like puzzle games if I was honest.

But Trip'd, I like... 8)

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:27 pm

TRIP'D is boss. I so miss WARP. Never come back either without Kenji. Just so sad. I even loved the Dreamcast D2 release. Great stuff.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!