convert sega light gun to 3do

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

miketrav
3DO ZERO USER

convert sega light gun to 3do

Post by miketrav » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:20 pm

Hi all, i have a American laser game sega cd light gun. I want to use it on my 3do. I know the gun is the same as the 3do gun, but a pin out is different. Anyone know how to convert the sega gun so i can use on my 3do

mike

Beef Supreme
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Beef Supreme » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:47 pm

i've already looked into it , the 3do actually has power running thru the wire to the controler , and a chip inside the gun that tells the 3do it's the gun . the sega gun won't work , it'll just mess up your 3do .

miketrav
3DO ZERO USER

Post by miketrav » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:39 am

thank you. I really got screwed. Some guy on ebay listed a sega cd gun as a 3do gun. When i got it in the mail i see its really a sega gun. the jerk then tells me that yea its a sega gun but it can be converted. You guys gotta see the listing here. He lists it as a 3do gun and in small print it says adapter not included.

check this out..http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... TQ:US:1123

scam artist!! now comes the fun part, dealing with the scum :evil: please avoid that person at all costs, he really screwed me big time

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:06 pm

I see he also ended the item early and you guys must of made a transaction outside of ebay. That was not a good idea. You prolly wont get your money back from that, but good luck with it.

miketrav
3DO ZERO USER

Post by miketrav » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:51 pm

I know, I learned my lesson never have a seller end auctions early. Live and learn

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:58 am

Id still try to repot them to get the account closed or see what they can do. Dont give up. Some sort of action should be taken for sure.

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:52 am

yeah some sellers have no idea and some are just plain crooks :evil:

I see a lot of supposed 3do stuff on ebay that is usually wrong , incompatible or relates to studio 3do software for other platforms :o

feel free to post questions about items you see on this forum as you'll at least get an honest response (from most of the guys! :wink: )
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

miketrav
3DO ZERO USER

Post by miketrav » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:21 pm

Finlay after weeks of emails and calling paypal i got the jerk to refund 40 dollars of the 60 dollar cost. I am now listing the gun on ebay as a sega cd gun in hopes i can make the rest back.

Yea the guy was a crook. That is why on the listing in small letters at the bottom he wrote adapter not included. He thought that would cover his ass. Jeez in big letters he lists it as a 3do gun and describes the cool 3do games one can play with it. There really are some crooked people out there.

the american laser games sega cd gun is very rare though. No one really wants it though

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:12 am

that's cause SEGA CD sucks LOL :twisted:
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Beef Supreme
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Beef Supreme » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:12 pm

i liked sega cd . it's what got me into 3do . i remember picking up a used one really cheap from the game store because it was missing the little end piece on the cd tray , that was after it had been out a while . they had a sale on all the games , i got sewer shark , lethal enforcers , jurassic park , and road rash . at the time fmv was very impressive to me . i messed around with that for a while and then the sega cd games got really cheap (most under $2 ) . i went to ebx to get some games and they had a 3do display set up with road rash going , i was hooked then and there .

back on subject i never thought the sega cd light gun was rare , i remember the game store having a huge bin of them , in blue or pink . if i remember right the second player was stuck with the pink one and you had to hook the two together with a phone cord or something(it's been a while) . tho i finally got a 3do gun and it's not quite as fun as i thought it would be . too bad they didn't make lethal enforcers on 3do , that was a pretty fun game .

miketrav
3DO ZERO USER

Post by miketrav » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:21 pm

sega cd light guns are not rare, but the one i have is a american laser games light gun for sega cd. These are very rare . the sega cd justifier gun for lethal enforcer is avaliable cheap anywhere.. I have yet to see a american laser games sega gun anyewhere, including ebay craigsist and used game stores

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... n%26sa%3DN

miketrav
3DO ZERO USER

Post by miketrav » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:46 pm

I also find sega cd to be crap! Sega cd and the 32x are vile creations. Poor design and bad games. Tomcat ally and sonic were the only gfood sega cd games. sega cd fmv was crap, even for its time

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:59 am

:(

I love the Sega CD. Snatcher, Rise of the Dragon, Dune, Sonic CD, World War III, both Lunar games, Eternal Champions are all top notch games. There's plenty of other great games on the console.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:45 pm

Hmmm ... Sega cd had some good points. It brought scaling & rotation to the Gen, and much improved audio to boot. Besides the above mentioned Sonic cd, it also had some critically acclaimed rpgs too. Plus, the CDX combo is really cool. It is certainly no 3DO, but I like my Sega cd.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:48 pm

i also have never seen the ALG game gun, i only have 2 of the blue ones
my favs that ive played on sega cd
Dungeon Explorer
Ecco the Dolphin
Fahrenheit
Jaguar XJ220
Lethal Enforcers
both Lunars
NHL '94 - but would rather play the genesis versions