My 3DO vs Jag Video

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

The_Legend
3DO ZERO USER

My 3DO vs Jag Video

Post by The_Legend » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:21 pm

Alright, please keep an open mind about this and enjoy it! I appreciate all comments, but no bashing if you don't like the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZoSlxe7G4k

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:53 am

how did you get the stains out of the top of the 3DO? ;)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:54 pm

You like E.T.? You're sick pal. LOL

I like both consoles too, but there is a much bigger library for 3DO so I play that more. And no one but the Jag has Alien vs. Predator. 8)

PS. I'm starting to like this user.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:54 pm

Nice video. So which one won? lol j/k. I like how you tell it how you see/think it. Alot of people dont voice their opinions like that. You do bring up a good point. It really doesn't matter which one is better. What matters is what our own opinions are towards the experiences we all had playing these old systems. Seems like people dont take chances on games anymore and rely on other people's opinions/reviews for games. Which is sad because there are good games out that not many people have played but are really good. They just didnt get that great review in some major publication.

The_Legend
3DO ZERO USER

Post by The_Legend » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:34 pm

Thank you all so much for the comments. Yeah, I have a very unique outlook on games/systems and I seriously do try to keep an open mind about it.

No offense to the Jag forum I visit, but it seems like you all understand WHAT I was trying to say. I appreciate it. It just seems like some of the Jag fans weren't exactly happy with this video...which I felt I'd tick off one or both sides of the fence, ya know?

It's like I said...why should both sides go to war sorta speak when we should come together and shake hands?

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:54 pm

You've played video games right? War's fun. :wink:

The_Legend
3DO ZERO USER

Post by The_Legend » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:19 am

Heck yeah, started on the Atari 2600 at the age of 2 back in 1984. Gaming ever since then.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:46 pm

The_Legend wrote:Heck yeah, started on the Atari 2600 at the age of 2 back in 1984. Gaming ever since then.
Admit it, you were just chewing on the sticks! :D

I've always thought the Jag was a cool system *getting dirty looks* but I tell you, Jag fans really hate 3DO with a passion... we are both underdogs, why the hate???

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:27 pm

3DO Experience wrote:
The_Legend wrote:Heck yeah, started on the Atari 2600 at the age of 2 back in 1984. Gaming ever since then.
Admit it, you were just chewing on the sticks! :D

Jag fans really hate 3DO with a passion... we are both underdogs, why the hate???
the atari brand loyalty
i think they are just pissed atari gave up on them and they just dont know any better because they have a closed minds :lol:

i had the Jaguar before the 3DO (by about 6 months)
i find the cart jag games to be fun but the CD ones im finding hard to like the ones i got except for Highlander (so the CD part might be the next thing i sell)

when i first got my 3do i played with the original CD sampler more than the 4 other games i bought at the same time, then i got Slayer and Need for Speed and never went back to the sampler ... heh

i grew up with atari and the only system i dont own anymore is the 5200 because i have an atari 800xl computer that plays the same games without the HORRIBLE 5200 controllers

i also try to find the good points about all the systems i have, and the only reason i own an Intellivision is for Beauty and the Beast and Happy Trails most of the other games i have for it i find crappy
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:17 pm

In my experience Atari fanboys (or girls) are much more "blind" than 3DO fans. What I mean is, most Atari fans seem to blindly defend anything w/an Atari label (kinda like Lemmi was saying), whereas 3DO fans can readily admit when a 3DO game does indeed suck. But this is just my observation on the fans, not the consoles (of which I also have and enjoy both ... even the jag cd)

Still, like 3DO Experience said, the 3DO library is so much larger that it gets much more of my time. But nice vid.

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:06 pm

I find Jaguar fanboys to be absolutely terrifying. It's impossible for them to say anything objective. There are a couple of Jag fansites around that shock me. One of them had an entire long page devoted to bashing EGM magazine for rating 32x DOOM higher than Jaguar DOOM. Then they listed a lengthy comparison of both versions and list the many numerous reasons why the Jag version is superior.

Holy crap!

The 32x port is abysmal! The reviews are over a decade old! Let it go!
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

The_Legend
3DO ZERO USER

Post by The_Legend » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:26 pm

Yeah, I chewed on the sticks as well (and still have them with my baby teeth marks!). I did play it from time to time.

ANYWAYS, I'm glad you got the point. 3DO and Jag were both underdogs...why fight? Again, I like both systems, but I unplugged the Jag yesterday. IceBreaker and Shockwave 2 are awesome and I plan on playing them alot when I get the chance. Go 3DO!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:03 am

All 3DO fanboys are lovable rogues that any woman would proud to take home to meet their mothers. Unlike Atariyans -- the swines, who eat babies.

Seriously. All fanboys are scary to a degree. And that's coming from me. 3DO/PS1 fanboy extraordinaire. It stems, I believe, from an over zealous portion of the brain that wants to communicate, tempered by an under active portion of the brain that listens, combined with a vitamin deficiency that makes us angry.

Nintendo fanboys are I believe, the scariest, certainly the most feverish. It's like they are on their own continent and no matter how hard I try, I can't get a visa. When I fill in the application: Zelda sucks, Mario is gay, Metroid is a rubbish FPS. "IT'S NOT AN FPS" they cry -- yes yes, I know, I know. Loving Golden Eye and Sweet Home is not enough to be allowed into the holy world of Nintendo.

VISA DENIED.

But Nintendo fanboys are almost understandable when compared to something I work with every day: Linux fanboys and Apple Mac fanboys. Both of whom I do battle with every-single-day in a never ending attempt by me to seriously antagonise them and wind them up to the point spontaneous combustion. I swear, when it happens, I'm going to own YouTube. For the record, the Mac book Pro is 'alright', the iPod is over rated and the iPhone is basically a crap phone. Pretty, I agree, but crap none-the-less. And linux is basically the result of a million monkeys banging away on keyboards creating an operating system by trial and error. Mostly error.

I'm actually a fan of 'Ye Olde Days' Atari. My Atari ST is still hooked up. I still own a 2600.

As for the Jag, I have about 10 games for mine, and a CD ROM. It has a healthier homebrew scene than the 3DO but in terms of consoles, 3DO is definitely the better machine. It's like the Saturn/PSX are better than the 3DO. It may hurt, but it's true all the same.

3DOKid.

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:02 pm

I agree with your Mac boy and Linux comments , those guys are a breed of elitist uber nerd that give anyone with even a passing interest in computing/games a bad name- yep I hear it everyday and my mind just says blah blah blah get a life

As for the Iphone mmmmmmmmmm - no speed dial , no mms , no bluetooth transfer , no forward facing camera for video calling yeaaaaaaaaaaah it rocks - not

I'd get more functionality if I gaffer taped a nokia onto an Itouch!
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

The_Legend
3DO ZERO USER

Post by The_Legend » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:02 pm

Man, 3DOKid, you have NEVER been more right. I don't really like fanboys/girls. I mean, if you're a fan of a system, that's fine, but to be a super fanboy/girl where NOTHING is better than said system yaddi yadda...that's terrible!

A fanboy/girl with an open mind like yourself I can respect and appreciate...but argh! Nintendo ones ARE the worst as you said.

Take for instance, years ago this Nintendo fanboy started in on GTA3. Granted, not exactly my fav game either, but he starts on "there isn't anything to do in that game"...then he follows up "There is SO much to do in SSBM". O_o!!!

Why and HOW are you comparing GTA3 to SSBM? Makes no sense? NES and SNES are my fav Nintendo consoles and in my "Fall of Nintendo" video I have, well, I tell how I feel about Nintendo nowadays. Heh! Not dissing them, but man...yeah.

Personally, the Jag has a small and somewhat solid library. Not just a whole lot to offer, but if you like the Jag you'll love what it has to offer. And I've only got so many games for it. 3DO, however, has a BIGGER library of solid games. Yeah, there are boring ones for each system, but when you can pick those away from both libraries, depending on your tastes, you'll probably be left with more fun games to play on 3DO. (Yeah, I own a Jag CD, but with no memory cart, I don't play them).

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:46 pm

ALL HAIL GOD KING EMPEROR NINTENDO! Our country shall smite you for those terrible, blasphemous words!!!!!

Ok, I'm a Nintendo fan BUT as I have gotten older I have stopped hating SEGA, (DreamCast rocks!) and have found to be more accepting of other systems. Don't tell anyone I said this but I would have been cool with 3DO replacing Nintendo at the #1 spot.

PS. My Nintendo collection is way bigger than my 3DO one. Just my NES stuff alone dwarfs it!

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:58 pm

Saturn fanboys are the worst of all. It always comes back to "well they never learned to use the system" but neglect the FACT that it couldn't be utilized fully because of the system bus. And nothing on the Saturn looks as good as anything on Playstation, besides the 2d stuff. Playstation in general just had better games. I have a Saturn, but it is the only system that isn't hooked up and has been that way for over 2 years.

The Saturn was so awesomely bad it destroyed Sega (after standing toe to toe with Nintendo) so badly that not even the awesomeness that was the Dreamcast could bring them back. Now, that is failure!

The_Legend
3DO ZERO USER

Post by The_Legend » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:07 pm

I dunno. There are a few Saturn only games that I enjoy. But then again, as much as I like them, they aren't enough for me to hook up the Saturn. I want to so I can play them...but I dunno.

3DO just keeps popping up more and more great games for me!

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:30 am

FPS games look better on the Saturn than on the PSX.

Virtua Fighter 2, Last Bronx, Sonic R, Panzer Dragoon series, Burning Rangers, etc etc etc are all great looking 3D games. Also check out the Shenmue Saturn demo is you don't believe in the power of the Saturn.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin