Twisted? Again?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Twisted? Again?

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:57 pm

Who honestly likes/liked twisted.? Having tried to like it, after all it's one of Trips favourite games, I just simply don't.

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:55 pm

A great game with friends while under the influence , otherwise no , I much preferred Zhadnost but what is amazing is that both games still look fresh now , have hardly dated and hold up amazingly well to all who participate.I find them a fantastic way to convert non believers to 3do's attraction.
I know many disagree but thats my take
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

tinman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by tinman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:33 am

Yep, me and the missus like it. But then again we also enjoy playing the 3do golf games as well :shock: .

What part of twisted don't you like? The humor (or attempt of humor), the gameplay, the concept, Everything! . I probably read your blog entry on it ages ago, you probably outline it there...I'm too lazy to look, and am at work as it is anyway. Shouldn't really be here, typing this. :wink:

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:27 pm

Hello Tinman - I won't tell if you don't. :wink:

I am the definition of a solitary gamer. I didn't 'get' the whole multi-tap generation. I don't get online stuff. I want to play against the machine.

Add to that a game must look a certain way. I don't like 'cheerful' or 'friendly' or 'family' games. I like PGR4, Resident evil, Ace Combat, DR Hauzer. Gamers-games. I'm a dying breed I guess.

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:58 pm

3DOKid wrote:Hello Tinman - I won't tell if you don't. :wink:

I am the definition of a solitary gamer. I didn't 'get' the whole multi-tap generation. I don't get online stuff. I want to play against the machine.

Add to that a game must look a certain way. I don't like 'cheerful' or 'friendly' or 'family' games. I like PGR4, Resident evil, Ace Combat, DR Hauzer. Gamers-games. I'm a dying breed I guess.
Don't worry, 3DO Kid. We're in the same boat.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

tinman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by tinman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:11 pm

Hello Tinman - I won't tell if you don't.
Tell what.....? :)

Yeh! I know what you mean, but if I want to spend some quality time with the wife, on my terms, by challenging her at some video game, then usually it's by playing the 3do and games like twisted, or golf, or even Samurai Shodown (which in the case of the later results in her getting raw and blistered fingers-and several wins for me, over and over and over; you get the gist) :twisted:

Then sometimes I begrudgingly play her in Shanghai triple threat (one of her favs) which is usually a guarantee win for her but keeps the peace if you know what I mean-give and take.

I've got my list of solitary games I'm in the process of trying to complete, such as Bladeforce for the 3do and Blazing Angels on the X-box, amongst others. I love that feeling of accomplishment when you do defeat the machine...so I know where your coming from in the "solitary gamer" front.

klogg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by klogg » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:26 pm

UnholyTancred wrote:
3DOKid wrote:Hello Tinman - I won't tell if you don't. :wink:

Don't worry, 3DO Kid. We're in the same boat.
If there's room for me, I'd like to jump on that boat too. :lol:
3DO Brazil website (in portuguese): http://www.3dobrasil.com.br

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:52 pm

This forum is that boat I reckon :)

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:21 pm

It is dangerous ground we are treading here ... be careful all who question the greatness of 'Twisted'

Anyway ...

Twisted is genuinely my favorite 3DO game ever! That said, if you never play w/friends you are of course going to miss out on what makes this game great (although you can still have some fun playing solo) Besides the amazing graphics (and only a 1st gen 3DO game mind you) and the very balanced gameplay, it is just a really funny title (in my opinion) As opposed to say the dull drones in Zhandost, Twisted's characters are bursting w/peronality and funny looks, comments, etc ... The commercials (although very short) are a riot too. In any event, it is a game I can revisit time and again and never get sick off.

Grab a friend or two and give it a go!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:46 am

I also found the game "Twisted" great fun at the time.

I recall the interviews that the founder gave to Edge Magazine and his visions of an upgradeable console that would have implications for the company itself and developers.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.