I'm new here + Question

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOSmacker
3DO ZERO USER

I'm new here + Question

Post by 3DOSmacker » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:44 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, and so I just wanted to say hello. I'm usually not much for posting on forums, but it's really cool to see a place like this devoted to keeping the 3DO alive. I spent my life's savings on a 3DO when I was 13, and I always wanted to see the video game future that 3DO foreshadowed come to be. Even though it hasn't worked out that way, I'll always love my 3DO. Great job on the site.

Now a quick question: I recently came across a site called "3doh.com" that seemed like it was going to be an interesting source for used games. However, in going there, I'm getting a message that says that "AOL Hometown has been shut down permanently as of Oct. 31st 2008". Does anyone know if this site is gone, or if they just haven't changed servers yet?

Thanks.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:47 am

wow no idea

i think he should have moved the site off AOL years ago
you can still see pictures of boxes and loose games if you click on the red X

i havent visited the site in quite awhile but i have bought stuff from him on ebay many many years ago. some of his online prices were high compared to ebay back in 2003 and 04
no idea what they were recently tho

i hope he comes back in some form or he might just pack it up and sell whats left on ebay
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:46 am

I've seen some of his stuff listed on Ebay recently. The site changed so little over the past couple of years that I'm not surprised if it is gone. Still, I had a couple solid trades also.