Hey 3DOKid... What's happening to the British Pound?

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Mobius

Hey 3DOKid... What's happening to the British Pound?

Post by Mobius » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:02 am

I know you were fond of the 2:1 exchange rate for GBP to USD not so long ago... What are you going to use to subtly needle Americans now that that's gone?

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:51 pm

I think the british pound's disappearing act is conspiracly aligned to our illustrious moderator forsaking us for the Playstation. :wink:

Good point though - I thought it was the US who got us all into this mess and yet our Australian Dollar dropped 30% ?

Only a couple of months ago it was nearly 1:1 against the greenback.

mmmm interesting times ahead
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:06 pm

mattyg wrote:I think the british pound's disappearing act is conspiracly aligned to our illustrious moderator forsaking us for the Playstation. :wink:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:27 am

mattyg wrote:I think the british pound's disappearing act is conspiracly aligned to our illustrious moderator forsaking us for the Playstation. :wink:

Good point though - I thought it was the US who got us all into this mess and yet our Australian Dollar dropped 30% ?

Only a couple of months ago it was nearly 1:1 against the greenback.

mmmm interesting times ahead
I think the conspiracy is why the Kid hasn't posted in this thread yet... What is he hiding?

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:32 am

Maybe he is a closet Atariyan

We might have been wrong about him being Trip maybe he is really Nolan Bushnell! or now on Sony's payroll

Thats got to be it :wink:

Burn your playstations now! :lol:
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:14 pm

I missed this one.

The answer is god only knows.

I used to love my bi-annual visit to the USA. I could buy gaming/computer stuff for 50% of what I was paying the UK.

I got Time Crisis 4 for $60, when it was finally (6 months later) released in the Uk it was £60 (at the time equivilent to $120)

i bought a Sony Vaio for Mrs 3DOkid for similar discounts. 50% Off. I got memory sticks, gamepads, all manner of geekdom I prices i could only dream of.

Oh how I loved America.

That has all gone. Mostly. Frys and Best Buy will not be recovering from the economic down turn thanks to my spending anyway.

I think Sterling was hideously over valued. You Americans should be glad, especially you eBaying types. i could outbid you all and still get amazing prices. :wink:

Fortunately the Japanese Yen plummeted with the pound. so no change on that front.

I'm in Texas again next week BTW. Anyone know any good retrogaming stores in Austin?

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:20 am

3DOKid wrote:I'm in Texas again next week BTW. Anyone know any good retrogaming stores in Austin?
No, but say hi to my cousin while you're there.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:26 pm

'kay.

what they look like? Average build, average height, American? I'll keep an eye out ;)

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:35 am

We have fingers in virtually every little dirty pie the world over. The American dollar drops steadily enough, that safety net starts to drag everybody else down with us.