Killing Time ending

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

jacare
3DO ZERO USER

Killing Time ending

Post by jacare » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:42 pm

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering how can i the good ending for 3DO Killing Time? No matter what I try, I still keep getting the bad ending after beat the game (destroy all 6 clocks and the waterclock). I've obtained all the keys and vessels and obtain almost 100% for all areas.

I'm using Freedo 1.8 to play this game in Easy difficulty. Could it be that I have to beat the game in Medium difficulty?

jacare
3DO ZERO USER

Killing Time ending

Post by jacare » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:47 pm

And without cheat codes :)

Beef Supreme
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Beef Supreme » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:58 pm

i've tried it just about every way there is , i don't think there is a good ending in the 3do version . there is a good ending in the pc version , but when you see the video it's obviously the layout from the pc version . and they reused a lot of videos from the 3do version in that game , if there had been a good ending for the 3do version you'd think they would have used it instead of making a new one . i beat it a few weeks ago in hard with no cheats (which took forever) %100 of everywhere , all keys , all vessles , and there still wasn't a good ending .

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:29 pm

Well there are at least two endings in the console version, not sure what you would consider good
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

jacare
3DO ZERO USER

Post by jacare » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:56 am

May I know what are the two endings in the console version (3D0)?

Beef Supreme
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Beef Supreme » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:31 am

yeah , whats the other one , because i've only seen the one with the door that slams shut and then you burn or tess kills you or whatever . and i've beaten it just about every way you can .

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:21 am

there is two endings. i cant remember how they go but one of them is if you dont collect all vessles. The other is if you do collect them all. They are both bad endings.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:29 am

Well one: Tess comes after you with all the other evil characters after the door slams and you burn.

Two: Tess comes in with a Tommy gun and blows away Duncan in mummy form, then he morphs into human form, says something dumb and dies. It still sucks but it's better than burning.

The second one I mention you do NOT need to get all the vessles or even explore the whole game. I got this ending the first time I played and I collected about half and hadn't been through the whole mansion. I didn't think I could even end the game like that until it happened. I was like "Huh? She shot him for me? That was kinda lame." So I played again from scratch and ended up with the really bad ending.

If there is a good ending I haven't found it yet.

Beef Supreme
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Beef Supreme » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:57 am

well i just added the good ending from the pc version to you tube , but you can obviously see it's not from the 3do version just from the style . i seriously don't think there's a good ending in the 3do version ....tho i never knew about beating it without all the vessles , i know what i'm doing tomorrow .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jToh2POuCSY

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:02 am

Can you beat Killingtime in a day? (or rather: Am i really that bad!)

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:16 pm

I can beat it in one day. its not that long of game if you have been through it a couple times and have a path down. I havent played the game in a long time though so I am quite rusty in the KT department. Just noticed you have 1337 posts. heh.

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:32 pm

One day? I died when I reached the kitchen with the cooks.
Never tried it again.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:15 pm

I remember the kitchen being pretty tough. I remember alot of fire and knives being thrown heh.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:12 pm

BryWI wrote:I can beat it in one day. its not that long of game if you have been through it a couple times and have a path down. I havent played the game in a long time though so I am quite rusty in the KT department. Just noticed you have 1337 posts. heh.
Admin you see. It's my job. And I love my 3DO :)

darci663
3DO ZERO USER

Smoking Room

Post by darci663 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:52 pm

I always thought the smoking room was the hardest on the 3do. On the PC, I'm not sure...

I do wish the PC had more of the 3do look to it. They should have re-done the GHOST flashbacks. They should of had the same clowns with the TICKLE TICKLE sound, as well as the AUNT BEA maid saying HOUSE KEEPING. and I did miss the flying red heads. That really made the game for me. I do like how the PC had more places to go.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:56 pm

hands down, smoking room is the hardest. no argument there lol.

jesus 666
3DO ZERO USER

Post by jesus 666 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:50 pm

Is there any new info on this? I've heard conflicting reports that there's two endings, three endings, or five endings, but nobody is giving details.

I also found a small write-up somewhere which says its pertaining to the 3DO version, and has minor details of an end boss fight with Tess.
Juffo-Wup is the hot light in the darkness

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:47 pm

As far as I can tell there are two endings in the 3DO. Three in the PC version is absolute.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:08 pm

Since this thread was resurrected, I was inspired to beat killing time in one day again. I was up all night and I think it took 6-7 hours or so. Dont quote me on that though. I kinda forgot when I started playing and I wasn't playing through too fast. I still remembered where all the keys and vessles were. Why do I remember un-important things? Time to go to bed, just in time for the construction in front of my house to start. :/ oh well. Im so tired i'll prolly pass out quickly lol.

jesus 666
3DO ZERO USER

Post by jesus 666 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:34 am

3DO Experience wrote:As far as I can tell there are two endings in the 3DO. Three in the PC version is absolute.
I guess so, its just that multiple endings in FPS games wasn't really the norm for the time so I find it surprising that Studio 3DO put the time in to make two, but have them both as being bad endings.

Also, from what you guys seemed to be saying earlier you actually get a better ending from playing worse than you do from tirelessly collecting everything :?

I don't surpose there was ever a walkthrough published in 3DO magazine or anything? I checked for FAQs on the internet but there was only ones for the PC version.

On occasion developers do put fairly obscure objectives to gain different ending (such as completion within a time limit or something) so simply playing through it over and over might not open up a true ending if it exists, (which is looking unlikely) maybe someone with technical expertise can just look in the game file for FMV movies or something?
Juffo-Wup is the hot light in the darkness