Fast and Furious

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Fast and Furious

Post by 3DOKid » Mon May 04, 2009 12:29 pm

A tragic end to a reasonably enjoyable series.

What a load of crap. I liked the Fast and the Furious, I liked Fast and the Furious 2, I liked Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift. Who wouldn't? Fast cars, women in bikinis, racing crashing, more Bikinis, and more cars. It had a sense of humour and wasn't too serious. Good wholesome stuff.

The latest incarnation is however a miracle of modern cinema.

- Fast cars? Check!
- Half naked women? Check!
- Car racing and chasing? Check!
- Did I mention bikini's? Check!

So how come it's so sodding boring?

It just limps along, confusing and boring and more confusing and even more boring. The humour is gone. The cars, in fairness, are almost gone. None of the characters have any personality. Paul Walker has become middle-aged and his cute funniness has gone. Vin Diesel is a rock. Literally. That cute dark haired Latino looking women who was in Resident Evil is very almost only a cameo in the film. The bad guys lack any sort of charm of charisma. Remember Suki the cute half German, half Japanese girl who drove a pink S2000? Gone. The funny black guy? Gone. Chad Lindberg? Always puts in a good performance? Gone. Jordana Brewster has taken the cute-2-freak serum and OD'd on personality and sexiness removal tablets.

The whole film is dull. It's just a episode of T J hooker with some fast cars, just about in it. The cars aren't central to the film. Nothing is really central. I am hugely disappointed.

Product placement? Porsche and BMW clearly stumped up some cash to inch the Japanese manufacturers out. NOS, the drink, stumped up some money. :evil:

Rubbish....

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Tue May 05, 2009 2:27 am

For me the first three were just NFS movies with different titles - a constant nod to the franchise without paying for name -

the new one...........B...O...R...I...N...G

I'm with you on this one Kid
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

MrAshDarksideTM
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MrAshDarksideTM » Wed May 06, 2009 10:05 pm

I am definitely not a fan of FnF, Ever since the first one came out every kid throws a spoiler on mom's civic and thinks they have a race car. End up doing something stupid and getting someone killed. Stuff like that gives us car guys a bad name. :/
Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return.