Introduce yourself.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:43 am

phatrat1982 wrote:how long I stay depends on how long it takes to get all my questions answered and how friendly the people are and how informative this places becomes.

Umm... yes sir?

phatrat1982
3DO ZERO USER

Post by phatrat1982 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:20 am

I just have joined so many forums over the years and I usually just bounce around from place to place. Kinda like in real life how I move around all the time. I don't even know what it is I am looking for at the moment mostly just have questions and it is nice to have people to talk to from time to time.

I should clarify, I don't have the emotional attachment some might have to the system, I am only now learning as much as I can about it after years of writing it off as a lost cause and not worth investigating. So for me it is nice to have people to talk to about this stuff but my interest is as of right now only passive.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:26 pm

Welcome. You may find that some of us also collect those "old and obscure formats".
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Calavera
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Calavera » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:00 am

1982 eh? That was a good year, the birth of Knight Rider! 8)

phatrat1982
3DO ZERO USER

Post by phatrat1982 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:55 am

my primary interest is in Betamax, Super VHS, LaserDisc, and CED with VCD and Super 8 coming in close to last. For video games the most obscure stuff I am into is TG16, 3DO, 32X, and the Atari-Era stuff like Intelivision, Colecovision, and the like.

jpantarotto
3DO ZERO USER

Post by jpantarotto » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:48 am

Hi all,

I recent joined to this community because I guess it’s the most active and complete 3DO forum in the internet.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:24 am

Hello again jpantarotto.
You would be hard pressed to find a more active 3DO forum I think.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:35 am

jpantarotto wrote:Hi all,

I recent joined to this community because I guess it’s the most active and complete 3DO forum in the internet.
Hello Mate, welcome aboard.

3DOKid.

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Post by knightintosh » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:10 am

phatrat1982 wrote: I am also huge into video games but mostly older classic stuff, the newest console I liked was GameCube but even that was very few games I enjoyed mostly I am into Atari, Nintendo and Sega plus some of the rare and obscure stuff like 3DO, 32X, Amiga, and the like. I am not as into video games as I used to be so I am kinda getting away from that but my passion for movies continues to grow in it's place.
LOl, it's weird to see someone describe Amiga as obscure ;) But that's only because I live in the UK where the Amiga was a huge format at the time. You should definitely check out UK listings on eBay where you'll find an unbelievable amount of Amiga games up for grabs if you're serious about collecting.
Calavera wrote:1982 eh? That was a good year, the birth of Knight Rider! 8)
Oh hellllll yeah! :D (See my sig? ;))

phatrat1982
3DO ZERO USER

Post by phatrat1982 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:45 pm

Yeah I live in the US where Amiga never really did take off. Commodore was a lot bigger and I had two of those the c-64 and 128, but Amiga I just emulate on my pc as my interest is more curiosity than devotion.

I should clarify I don't just live in the US where Amiga was rare, I live in KS where everything was rare so my experiences are a little different than big city Americans even so alot of stuff that might have been mainstream is obscure to me.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:24 pm

phatrat1982 wrote:Yeah I live in the US where Amiga never really did take off. Commodore was a lot bigger and I had two of those the c-64 and 128, but Amiga I just emulate on my pc as my interest is more curiosity than devotion.

I should clarify I don't just live in the US where Amiga was rare, I live in KS where everything was rare so my experiences are a little different than big city Americans even so alot of stuff that might have been mainstream is obscure to me.
I'm a little dumb. Where is 'KS'?

phatrat1982
3DO ZERO USER

Post by phatrat1982 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:50 pm

Kansas. the dead center of the US, when people talk about the middle of no where they usually mean Kansas. I left a long time ago but that was where I grew up. I am now back in the Midwest but I relocated to Nebraska this time. Everyone in Kansas is behind the times, traveling to the state it like going back in time to the 50's. I lived in a small town of about 500 people.

Dr.Enceladus
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dr.Enceladus » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:08 pm

theres no place like home *tap* *tap*...theres no place like home... :lol:

...dun mind me m8, i am just trying to get banned... 8)
...eat well, stay fit, look good, feel great - die anyway...

brento
3DO ZERO USER

Post by brento » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:53 pm

Hey all,
I recently took an interest in the 3DO, as it has many games that I'd like to check out. I actually just won an auction for an FZ-1 on ebay (let me know if I overpaid http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1156) and I'm looking forward to trying it out. This forum seems to be the biggest goldmine of information about the system on the internet, and I look forward meeting you all.
Last edited by brento on Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:31 pm

Looks like a good deal to me. Welcome to the forum! :)

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Post by knightintosh » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:02 am

brento wrote:Hey all,
I recently took an interest in the 3DO, as it has many games that I'd like to check out. I actually just won an auction for an FZ-1 on ebay (let me know if I overpaid http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1156) and I'm looking forward to trying it out. This forum seems to be the biggest goldmine of information about the system on the internet, and I look forward meeting you all.
I don't think you overpaid at all mate :) Most 3DO systems go for around that price. I got 2 and a handful of games over here in the UK for £100.

Pebble Beach was one of my fave games all those years ago and I've become addicted to it all over again these days, very good game indeed, and I don't even like golf! But you'll need the instructions for it. I think there's scanned manuals somewhere here on the forum or on another site mentioned in a thread here. If not I can scan mine in for you and email you it or something.

Welcome to 3DO! 8)

brento
3DO ZERO USER

Post by brento » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:08 am

Austin wrote:Looks like a good deal to me. Welcome to the forum! :)
3DwhO wrote:
brento wrote:Hey all,
I don't think you overpaid at all mate :) Most 3DO systems go for around that price. I got 2 and a handful of games over here in the UK for £100.

Pebble Beach was one of my fave games all those years ago and I've become addicted to it all over again these days, very good game indeed, and I don't even like golf! But you'll need the instructions for it. I think there's scanned manuals somewhere here on the forum or on another site mentioned in a thread here. If not I can scan mine in for you and email you it or something.

Welcome to 3DO! 8)
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! And thanks so much for the kind offer 3DwhO, I may just take you up on that :D

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:29 pm

Manuals can be found in Popular Topics -> Manual Replacements.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Post by knightintosh » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:20 pm

3DO Experience wrote:Manuals can be found in Popular Topics -> Manual Replacements.
Happy days, I knew they were here somewhere :)

carlo3do
3DO ZERO USER

Post by carlo3do » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:45 pm

hi all iam new here and big fan of 3do back in the days my first console was the nes so i jumped from nes to the 3do so u can imagine the look on my face when the first time i saw shock wave and crime patrol :D

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Post by knightintosh » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:08 pm

carlo3do wrote:hi all iam new here and big fan of 3do back in the days my first console was the nes so i jumped from nes to the 3do so u can imagine the look on my face when the first time i saw shock wave and crime patrol :D
Lol I know how you felt! I went from a C64 and a GameBoy to the 3DO lol! Ok so my best mate had an Amiga and a Mega Drive but still, the leap was awe inspiring!!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:05 pm

carlo3do wrote:hi all iam new here and big fan of 3do back in the days my first console was the nes so i jumped from nes to the 3do so u can imagine the look on my face when the first time i saw shock wave and crime patrol :D
Hello Mate, welcome to the forum. Yes the 3DO despite it's failings ushered in an amazing new ear in games consoles. I remember being very excited about it :)

Vyper68
3DO ZERO USER

Hello Peeps

Post by Vyper68 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:28 am

Found this site by accident when i felt all nostalgic and was trawling the net for 3D0 info. Didn't realise there was an active community out there.
I got into 3D0 quite late when they were selling them for £180 ( i think '96 ) bought a Goldstar from a local game shop ( long gone ) and showed Space Hulk to my friend who promptly went out and bought a FZ-1 : )).
We had great fun playing Poed and Return Fire, amongst others - with both of us coming from Atari ST's and Amiga's to this kind of experience was a major leap and i was totally blown away with the machine just a shame it didn't last long.
Have had the unfortunate knack of picking other ill-fated consoles since my 3D0 journey ended - Saturn & Dreamcast i'm talking to you!.
So now i'm starting all over again and begining to collect 3D0 games and hardware.
I just haven't told my wife yet : )))
I have a cunning plan.

Colonel Blintz
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Colonel Blintz » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:20 am

Hey all, I just found this today(not here for the emulator) but I was hoping some of you were from the old 3DO forums that went down awhile back?

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:04 am

Colonel Blintz wrote:Hey all, I just found this today(not here for the emulator) but I was hoping some of you were from the old 3DO forums that went down awhile back?
Which one? 3DO Maniac forum?

Welcome btw.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Colonel Blintz
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Colonel Blintz » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:08 am

The one that crashed around 2003 due to 3DO's bankruptcy.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:57 am

I guess that was awhile back ...

Anyway, hope you enjoy the forum.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

rewak
3DO ZERO USER

Post by rewak » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:11 pm

Hey :) Have to admit to not really knowing a lot about the 3DO, the most exposure i've had to the system is through the D series of games which i'm a fan of. I've always been a little interested in the system but couldn't afford one, hopefully through being here i'll learn a bit more about it :)

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:02 pm

rewak wrote:Hey :) Have to admit to not really knowing a lot about the 3DO, the most exposure i've had to the system is through the D series of games which i'm a fan of. I've always been a little interested in the system but couldn't afford one, hopefully through being here i'll learn a bit more about it :)
D is awesome. Which versions do you have? We have the cheat on here somewhere to unlock the secrets in the Japanese Special edition.

Welcome aboard :)

rewak
3DO ZERO USER

Post by rewak » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:27 am

3DOKid wrote:D is awesome. Which versions do you have? We have the cheat on here somewhere to unlock the secrets in the Japanese Special edition.

Welcome aboard :)
Right now none for the 3DO but i do love the boxart for the Japanese 3DO version and the Directors Cut version looks really nicely presented. I have the DOS and Saturn (English and Japanese) versions though.

And thank you :)